Superleaf on the way! What are you getting yourself for Christmas?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

Superleaf on the way! What are you getting yourself for Christmas?

Post by dbcad »

I was able to get ahead of bills and fullfill my saving quota for the month early even after Christmas presents. So this morning I was able to order a Super leaf, Grasshopper and Honeybee. Once again I have the thrill of waiting for the mailman :) It will be very enjoyable getting a new larger folder :D Hopefully it will arrive before the 25th.

I believe I know what to expect, a largish, beefy, comfortable, strong and tall folder with a blade thickness of 5/32". The compression lock will be new to me and will be interesting to experience :) It will also be very enjopyable to decide who will get the Grasshopper and Honeybee :D

Anybody have some input on the Superleaf? Also, what are you getting yourself for Christmas?
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

Through some miracle I got a Christmas bonus. So I'm getting a Schempp Rock from CS, it's in the mail now currently in Boise ID.

The reason I might not have gotten a bonus is my company lost a huge part of it's business when the government decided to no continue funding the C.O.P (Community Oriented Policing) program in February. That pays for taking care of meth lab waste. So I got a 6% pay cut and a loss of about $3,000 in overtime over the year. But the company through cutbacks managed to avert a $600,000 loss and at least break even if not come up a little ahead.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Probably a Yojimbo 2 and an Edge Pro, but not until after Christmas.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

I may buy a Para 2 for myself after Christmas. If not that probably an orange Endura.
Spyder Count: 7
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I just got a hundred bucks from my parents for Christmas. Got a hundred more bucks for my birthday on the 30th. Don't know what im buying but it will have a blade on it.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

The superleaf is a great knife. It's sorta like a Manix 2 but with a compression lock and a bigger choil. It might even have a thicker blade. It is beefy for sure!

This year, I'm exploring fixed blades. I'm picking up a bushcraft and a temperance 2. I'm also eying the Ka-Bar JAB Pot Belly pretty hard too.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Indulged a bit and bought myself a Rock Lobster last week...and I have the new Manix XL on preorder at Howe's. I asked for a few other knives for Christmas as well. Can't wait to see what Santa brings!
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I got myself an early Christmas present in the form of an EK Bowie. If Santa is benevolent enough to make a 2nd trip, I'm thinking a Manix XL will be very nice.

The SuperLeaf is a sweet knife. Very beefy and feels great in hand. It's certainly one of my go-to heavy use knives.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

dbcad wrote:Anybody have some input on the Superleaf? Also, what are you getting yourself for Christmas?
I just got the Superleaf as an early Christmas present to myself. It is now among my top three favorites (others being my Sage2 and Manix2 M4). Although too big for me to EDC, I have taken it to whittle while walking my dogs in the hay field nearby. Love that big hunk of VG-10 (my Dragonfly made me a believer in this steel). The choil is forward of the thumb ramp (as discussed in another thread), but put your index finger in the choil and your thumb on the 4mm-thick spine and you can put some serious and precise force on your cutting object. I have likened it to my slightly thinner Para2, except it doesn't hint at being tactical, and it has a wire clip. I suspect you will be well pleased.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

I got a Military CTS-XHP.

Post by 1623 »

I tried to hold off making any personal purchases before Christmas, but I ordered a Sharpmaker and a pair of UF rods this week.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Scottie3000 wrote:The superleaf is a great knife. It's sorta like a Manix 2 but with a compression lock and a bigger choil. It might even have a thicker blade. It is beefy for sure!

This year, I'm exploring fixed blades. I'm picking up a bushcraft and a temperance 2. I'm also eying the Ka-Bar JAB Pot Belly pretty hard too.

Looking forward to the Superleaf :D It feels like I made the right choice :)

Temp2 and Bushcraft are both extremely fine fixed blades. They don't come out as often as the folders, but mine are both used and razor sharp :D :D
Charlie

SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

dbcad wrote:Anybody have some input on the Superleaf? Also, what are you getting yourself for Christmas?
No input on the Superleaf except that it looks like one massive knife :D Personally I ordered myself a Delica 4 ZDP. Still hoping it will make it here before Christmas. *Sending a prayer to the mail and customs gods*
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I have a Yojimbo 2 and an orange Dodo on order, but it doesn't look like they'll make it here before Christmas.
:bug-red-white
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

After lots of good advice fromthe forum members, Bob Lum Tanto.
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

Just got me a Sage 2 on Thursday. That will have to satisfy me until 2012. John
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Massad Ayoob, 92 mm Citadel, Ladybug and a Kiwi for kicks!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

It's really cool to see folks choices across the spectrum :) One thing I ask is that you enjoy them :D Spyderco and Spyderco fans are a special breed :)

SuzieQ I have to say your tag line makes me giggle as well as my wife :) Well done :)
Charlie

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Decided my inner child needed a jack-in-the-box to play with, so I got myself a Citadel for Christmas. :D
Also got myself an FRN Manbug to see what they're like.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

I'm trying to score something pretty and collectible.. either a lum carbon fiber or a navaja