Sprint Super-Blue Dragonfly 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

full size calypso :eek: . that would be AWESOME. What about a caly 3 with SB too?
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I'm not even going to think about this though its sounds exquisite.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

gbelleh wrote:On a more serious note, a full size Calypso in SB would be a must buy for me!
razorsharp wrote:full size calypso :eek: . that would be AWESOME. What about a caly 3 with SB too?
Oh, I was being serious... It would be awesome. :)
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Chris_H wrote:Oh, I was being serious... It would be awesome. :)
I know you were serious. I was referring to my first post (SB Military - impossible). But the Calypso is the perfect idea! :cool:
:bug-red-white
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

gbelleh wrote:I know you were serious. I was referring to my first post (SB Military - impossible). But the Calypso is the perfect idea! :cool:
Oh, sorry, I overlooked that...

Well then, three of us are definitely on board. :D
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Rutgrr wrote:Superleaf Superleaf Superleaf :D
Now there's a thought. But is there enough 4mm SB in Japan?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

A D'fly 2 in SB would be sweet. Make it with gray FRN and it would match my Caly 3.5. :)
TCRooster

Post by TCRooster »

D1omedes wrote:A D'fly 2 in SB would be sweet. Make it with gray FRN and it would match my Caly 3.5. :)
+1 I love my Dragonflies and my Caly 3.5 SB!

I think I'd even love this one in Gray G-10... ;)
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Would be a sweet model.

My vote would go towards a model with full liners because of the strength that follows, even though this would be total overkill for a small bladed knife.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thought id bump this thread, it gave me a chuckle how some of the knives recommended in this thread are becoming reality. Thanks for listening to requests Sal! this is why I will forever be brand loyal
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Plus, to top this all off, they are doing a Manbug SB sprint too! :D

So, the Endura, Delica, Stretch, Dragonfly, Ladybug, and Manbug SB/420J1 sprint in the grey FRN and the Caly 3 and 3.5 pure SB in the grey G10, anything missing from that list? Anything in the lineup that should/could be added (i.e., that can be added from the Japanese manufacturers)?

It sure would have been awesome if they cold have done the Stretch in some grey G10 instead of FRN! I get the part about new expenses incurred from changes in molds/scale types, but some G10 on a Stretch seems like an obvious evolution, at least for another sprint in years to come.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
9blades

Post by 9blades »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Plus, to top this all off, they are doing a Manbug SB sprint too! :D

So, the Endura, Delica, Stretch, Dragonfly, Ladybug, and Manbug SB/420J1 sprint in the grey FRN and the Caly 3 and 3.5 pure SB in the grey G10, anything missing from that list? Anything in the lineup that should/could be added (i.e., that can be added from the Japanese manufacturers)?

It sure would have been awesome if they cold have done the Stretch in some grey G10 instead of FRN! I get the part about new expenses incurred from changes in molds/scale types, but some G10 on a Stretch seems like an obvious evolution, at least for another sprint in years to come.
I'm pretty sure there was a super blue mule too. :D
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

South Fork in SB, sure.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

After 21 months of patience, I am really excited to get this one in hands and in use.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Just spent some time this evening touching up my SB Endura and Delica, gotta say the more I use it the more I like it :) .

As for a SB Stretch with G10, I'd be just as happy if the brought it out with the wonderful CF they used with ZDP-189 :) or even the lightning-strike CF they used on the first Szabo :D .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

rodloos wrote:Just spent some time this evening touching up my SB Endura and Delica, gotta say the more I use it the more I like it :) .

As for a SB Stretch with G10, I'd be just as happy if the brought it out with the wonderful CF they used with ZDP-189 :) or even the lightning-strike CF they used on the first Szabo :D .
you should do a blade swop with a g10 or CF version :D would be a pretty sweet knife
-Spencer

Rotation:
keen

Post by keen »

I've heard from Knifecenter.com that the ladybug is coming out later in 2013 in superblue. Does anyone have a time frame on this? I would definitely buy a dragonfly in SB. Unlike a lot of you above, I don't hunt and am not in law enforcement. Instead, I work in a college environment and deal with many who have a distaste for even moderate-sized edges ( anything over 2.5"). Fortunately, my cutting needs are modest: opening letters and book-containing packages. Manbug, ladybug, or even dragonflies in SB are of great interest to me
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Cujobob wrote:South Fork in SB, sure.
I'd rather see a South Fork in CPM M4.

But honestly, the plain ole s90v version is doing great for me. :) I don't think I've ever had a more useful tool (of any kind) than this knife.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

A good friend called my own thread to my attention today and I wanted to be sure to say a personal thank you to Sal, Eric and the Spyderco crew for this terrific knife. I realize I started this thread, but this idea was destined to come to reality. No other company brings such diversity to those of us who want to learn and experience more. Thanks to all, and Holland
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Holland

Post by Holland »

Spyderco never ceases to amaze me! Thank you Sal, Eric, and company for running such an amazing company
-Spencer

Rotation: