Manix 2 XL Pre-Order (BHQ)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Manix 2 XL Pre-Order (BHQ)

Post by xceptnl »

Just spotted and I can't believe I almost missed it. This is my answer to the S30V question. So YES, I will be buying another Crucible steel blade. Thanks Spyderco.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Whoopee! I'll get one of these. I'm thinking it's just a hair longer than the original C95.

Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Cool, and not too expensive!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Is this one of those times where this is the only site selling this knife? Or will they be available on other sites as a standard release?

Jack
bh49

Post by bh49 »

KC also has them on pre-order. And price is very decent.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

jackknifeh wrote:Is this one of those times where this is the only site selling this knife? Or will they be available on other sites as a standard release?

Jack
It's in the catalog as a regular production item so they'll make them as long as they sell.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Anyone heard what the blade thickness is supposed to be. The catalog is silent on the subject.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I hope its 4mm
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

i just literally yelled out oh my god **** YES!! the wife said guess you find a new knife, this one is a must have!!
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

vashhash wrote:i hope its 4mm
+1
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I never liked the pinky hook on the original Manix. I was hoping the Mega would be a bigger Manix 2. I'm still excited for it, though!
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Me too!!! When I looked at the Catalog I had to do a double check!!!
Allen R. wrote:i just literally yelled out oh my god **** YES!! the wife said guess you find a new knife, this one is a must have!!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

VashHash wrote:I hope its 4mm
I have the sinking feeling that it's not gonna be 4mm. :(
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

This one caught me off guard. I'm pretty pumped. Have to get one. My knife budget is killing me.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Got one on pre-order. May have to eat my own shoe leather in lieu of food due to projected knife expenses.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

According to the catalogs, the new C95 has an identical length handle, but a 3mm longer blade and a 4mm longer edge.

I found the original to be a little tight in my hand. Although I can't tell from the pictures I'm hoping Eric did enough tinkering with the handle to solve that problem. If not there's always sand paper.
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

The Manix 2 XL is now on my radar. FFG S30V. Price within reach +, 98 mm blade :D . I have some sticker shock on some other models that I was drooling over, I'll get a bib until I can save eough :rolleyes:
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Best value in the 2012 Catalog. 3.88 inch blade, S30v, G10, and a Great lock for a 100 bucks Thats insanely awesome. I'm tired of looking at sub 2 inch blades for 70 bucks
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
v8r

Post by v8r »

Awesome Possum!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Knife Budget <<What an Oxymoron that is!!! Just pre-ordered the XL. Time to start marketing my side business a little harder!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt