The OFFICIAL Pygmy Warrior discussion thread...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

v8r wrote:I played with one at a knife shop yesterday and was impressed with it. It's cool that you can tailor it to your hand size as well. It looks like you could customize it with handmade scales rather easily as well.
My only question is that in Texas we cannot have a knife with a sharpened top edge. It technically has saw teeth instead of the serrated top edge of the full size Warrior so would it be considered a sharpened top edge in the eyes of the law? To me it would not, but you never know.
The teeth are still sharp, so I'm pretty sure they would still consider that to be sharpened on both edges. We got the switchblade ban repealed in Texas, but not the restriction against double-edged blades, if I understand correctly. I bought the full size warrior in a moment of weakness when someone had it on sale, but that is my one knife I don't carry. Even my Junglas I can carry with me if I am camping etc.

The Pygmy looks tempting to me, but unless Texas gets rid of the double-edge restriction, I'll probably have to pass on it.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

It is not actually an edge. It is more of a saw than an edge.
Greg Walker

Post by Greg Walker »

Mine should arrive any day now.

I would hope carry configuration would not be confined to what the most recent pic shows.

That's - to put it nicely - absurd if it is.

Whether the upper sharpened feature is technically an "edge" or "sawteeth" or a "serration" is great for shop talk.

However, if an LEO has cause to examine the knife either if you're carrying it (in a grocery store, for example, and someone reports a concern) or after use is SD (or otherwise), you can pretty much expect it to be considered on the scene as "double edged". Certainly so if you forget to put it in your checked luggage at the airport and TSA finds it in your carry on (or otherwise).

:o
GW