Finally happened ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Medic

Finally happened ...

Post by Medic »

Finally lost my dear edc knife :( honestly have no idea where it is, I think I went to a bar one night and left it inside someones car, but its been gone for 3-4 months so I consider it to be gone for good.

My first and only EDC that I carried for years!

RIP EDC SPYDERCO CALY 3

Few pics of the real user!
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33356

She never gave me problems, even after never bathing her not even once! never a lock failure, nothing! Just kept her sharp and she treated me good!

As for what I am going to replace her with ... I dont think I am going to get another spyderco, its kind of like getting the same dog after one passes, may try a emerson traveler. Actually just saw the UK PK for 25 bux hmm..
kens73

Post by kens73 »

Sucks man :(
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

Sorry to hear that.

I lost my faithful, scarred and battered UKPK. I waited 3 months before ordering a replacement. Same day I found my old UKPK in an old boot under the stairs. There's hope yet!
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
-F1

Post by -F1 »

I guess I do not think like most people. I would have no problem getting the same breed of dog as the one I had just lost; certainly the same would apply with knives, unless I wanted something different for a good reason.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Go for the super blue caly 3.5 after owning all yhe recent caly variants this one is the finest, and woykf look great if you treat it the same as your vg 10 the patina is great.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Well, I am sorry to hear you lost your dear Caly 3. I have a user of my own and couldn't imagine parting with it. The easiest replacement would be a Caly 3.5 in VG 10. It is a little awkward switching to the larger model, I do admit, but you'll be surprised how quickly you adjust. I love my Caly 3.5 and it has pushed my Caly 3 back into its box.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Lets bow our heads for a moment of silence...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

may I recommend a caly Cf with ZDP if you want to stay in that size range.

My main suggestion is a caly 3.5, and if you can, get it in Aogami super. Super steel, Super amazing, super quality, super-myfavorite :D
BAL

Post by BAL »

Jump back on that horse and get another Spyderco. YOu know that it will treat you right.
Medic

Post by Medic »

ya, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get yet .. But after not carrying for a few months I am getting knife depressed! If I do get another spyderco, I really think I want to get one made in the USA considering how much I carry and use it!
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

Medic wrote:ya, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get yet .. But after not carrying for a few months I am getting knife depressed! If I do get another spyderco, I really think I want to get one made in the USA considering how much I carry and use it!
*cough* Para-Military 2*cough*

:rolleyes:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Medic wrote:ya, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get yet .. But after not carrying for a few months I am getting knife depressed! If I do get another spyderco, I really think I want to get one made in the USA considering how much I carry and use it!
then may I recommend :
http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=663
http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=472
http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=598
http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=418
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

-F1 wrote:I guess I do not think like most people. I would have no problem getting the same breed of dog as the one I had just lost; certainly the same would apply with knives, unless I wanted something different for a good reason.
It's like breaking up with your girlfriend. Maybe this time around you're gonna try a redhead instead of a brunette ;)

With knives, if i lost one i would probably buy the same thing again, but maybe try to get a sprint version or something. It takes a lot of love for me to buy the same thing twice.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Medic wrote:I really think I want to get one made in the USA considering how much I carry and use it!
Huh? By this reasoning, a Tenacious [China] or a Stretch [Japan] isn't worth or appropriate for carrying.
Medic

Post by Medic »

-F1 wrote:Huh? By this reasoning, a Tenacious [China] or a Stretch [Japan] isn't worth or appropriate for carrying.
No, being that my caly 3 was not made in America, clearly that isn't my reasoning ;)

I just want my next knife to be made in the USA.

It's between a native 5 G10 or the para military 2 PE G10 silver blade - as much as I like the para I think it is slightly too big for EDC for the typical sheep I live around in NJ
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Medic wrote:I just want my next knife to be made in the USA.
Yeah, me too, actually. I'd love a Para-Miltary2 but only in SE, which isn't currently in production.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

knives I posted are USA made and are the popular models, theres a few more USA models, the rest are taiwan and japan.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Medic wrote:No, being that my caly 3 was not made in America, clearly that isn't my reasoning ;)

I just want my next knife to be made in the USA.

It's between a native 5 G10 or the para military 2 PE G10 silver blade - as much as I like the para I think it is slightly too big for EDC for the typical sheep I live around in NJ
I was in living in NY not too long ago and tried carrying a Para 2 for EDC. It was definitely a bit too big for the sheeple. Plus, it ate up a lot more pocket room than the Caly 3.

I'd probably choose the Native 5 but I have yet to have one in hand. Shouldn't be too much different than the Caly 3, other than overall thickness.
-F1

Post by -F1 »

D1omedes wrote:I was in living in NY not too long ago and tried carrying a Para 2 for EDC. It was definitely a bit too big for the sheeple.
Bah, that's part of the fun! My philosophy is to stay within the law but everything else is fair game. Never been accused of being social. :)