centofante 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Vicinadp

centofante 3

Post by Vicinadp »

i just got my first centofante 3 in the mail today and i kinda mad at myself for waiting this long to pick one up. it is a fantastic knife and i feel its going to take over as my permanent edc blade. its fantastic blade size, weight, ergonomics and the frn is fantastic.(this is comming for a guy who is not a fan of frn at all )
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm a big fan of both the 3 and 4. I really wish they'd try the compression lock again on these knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

I wasn't aware there was a 4. How long has it been out for?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Vicinadp wrote:I wasn't aware there was a 4. How long has it been out for?
The Cento 4 is basically the same knife but with a wharncliffe blade.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=201

I prefer the 4 over the 3, but i'm a big wharnie fan.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

I like the look. I like wharncliffe blades but I usually tend to prefer knives with more belly to them but def going to pick one up soon as possible. I really like this knife, it is ridiculously light and I forget i am carrying it.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Vicinadp wrote:I wasn't aware there was a 4. How long has it been out for?
The Cento 4 was introduced in 2006 but has been discontinued (2010). They can be found, but are somewhat hard to find.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I carry & use a now beat up Cento 4 every day. For my work as a carpenter working on reno's it is the bees knees.
O.
chewy667

Post by chewy667 »

It would be cool to see a sprint run version of cento 3
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

hiredgun wrote:The Cento 4 was introduced in 2006 but has been discontinued (2010). They can be found, but are somewhat hard to find.
If you find one, grab it. It's my all-time favorite Spydie. I find that the loss of belly is more than offset by the cutting power you get with the Wharnie. The sharp tip is a real bonus. Just don't try to skin a deer with one. Lightsabers aren't much good for that. LOL

Gordon
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm with you Gordon. The only thing that belly on a blade does is frustrate me. If it's not blisteringly sharp it does more pushing than slicing.

Since I don't whittle or skin things it's nigh worthless, for me that is.
buddy54ck

If You Like Centofante 3&4, check out Vesuvius

Post by buddy54ck »

:spyder: :spyder:
:D
I recently picked up the Vesuvious with the compression lock, which handle wise looks the same as the Centofante 3 & 4. This would make a perfect EDC, though I'm saving mine for the collection. I am now looking for a user for My EDC rotation. Just missed one on ebay for $38. Oh Well! I also heard the compression lock had problems, but mine is BNIB and perfect!
I Love This Knife!
Charlie
C66 - Frank Centofante Vesuvius

Link look at post # 66 for pictures:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ius&page=4

:spyder: :spyder:
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Vicinadp wrote:i just got my first centofante 3 in the mail today and i kinda mad at myself for waiting this long to pick one up. it is a fantastic knife and i feel its going to take over as my permanent edc blade. its fantastic blade size, weight, ergonomics and the frn is fantastic.(this is comming for a guy who is not a fan of frn at all )
You sound like me about 3 years ago. I have a Centofante 4 in my pocket as I type this. They are both really great thin knives. They will do about 98% of what most people need a knife for.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
kronk

Post by kronk »

The Centofante 4 is one that I regret not getting before it was discontinued even at reduced prices. Those who own it always had remarkable comments about it.
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

Its killing me now cause i want one so bad
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

when did they stop making the Vesuvius
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Got my first Centofante 3 in the mail today. It is indeed a beauty. It is also my first :spyder: knife.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

buddy54ck wrote: :spyder: :spyder:
:D
I recently picked up the Vesuvious with the compression lock, which handle wise looks the same as the Centofante 3 & 4. This would make a perfect EDC, though I'm saving mine for the collection. I am now looking for a user for My EDC rotation. Just missed one on ebay for $38. Oh Well! I also heard the compression lock had problems, but mine is BNIB and perfect!
I got that one, it has a bit of side to side and up & down play.
I will probably send it to Spyderco for service.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71