Any more Super Blue knives in the works?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

VG-10 wrote:Better yet, bring back the Worker and throw an Aogami blade on it. That would be an awesome knife :cool: .

VG-10
+1

I like that too! I prefer to carry knives in the "3 range or a little smaller and would like to try high carbon steel on a day to day basis. On of the reasons I am looking forward to the Air.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

A fellow member mentioned in reply to me on one of my posts that Howes Knife Shop has a SB Caly 3.5. I just checked it out and its there for USd 159.50 if anyone is interested.....
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
computernut

Post by computernut »

A Super Blue Caly3 G10 would be sweet. :)

My G10 Caly3 keeps finding its way into my pocket everyday. :spyder:
syphen

Post by syphen »

computernut wrote:A Super Blue Caly3 G10 would be sweet. :)

My G10 Caly3 keeps finding its way into my pocket everyday. :spyder:
Caly 3.5 in SB is pretty much the same pocket real-estate as a Caly 3, so unless the laws where you live specify under a 3" blade, why not carry the 3.5?
Too many Spydies to list!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

syphen wrote:Caly 3.5 in SB is pretty much the same pocket real-estate as a Caly 3, so unless the laws where you live specify under a 3" blade, why not carry the 3.5?
Yes. I was thinking that too. :)
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

I am sure it has been said, but a Super Blue D'Fly 2, it even rhymes.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Whale rescue superblue.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
xceptnl

SB Delica 4

Post by xceptnl »

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but how about a good ol' trusty Delica in Super Blue? Maybe in White G-10 or FRN? I love all the other sprint delicas, but this one would be a MUST HAVE!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

My vote is for G-10 Stretch with super blue. Gayle Bradley, but thats taiwain right? I love the Dragonfly for sm knife; that would be good too, but Sal mentioned bigger knife would be best.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I really like the idea of a Stretch w/super blue but would it be too similar to the cf with ZDP? I wonder if a linerlock version of the Endura and Delica could be made? G-10, or cf with linerlock, and superblue in two of the most popular ever Spydies? When was the last sprint version of the Endura made that wasn't FRN with a FFG? Like the Stretch, the Endura is a classic knife. I'd really like to see the Endura 5 and matching Delica.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

INFRNL wrote:My vote is for G-10 Stretch with super blue. Gayle Bradley, but thats taiwain right? I love the Dragonfly for sm knife; that would be good too, but Sal mentioned bigger knife would be best.
Stretch would definitely be ideal. :D
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Tdog wrote:I really like the idea of a Stretch w/super blue but would it be too similar to the cf with ZDP? I wonder if a linerlock version of the Endura and Delica could be made? G-10, or cf with linerlock, and superblue in two of the most popular ever Spydies? When was the last sprint version of the Endura made that wasn't FRN with a FFG? Like the Stretch, the Endura is a classic knife. I'd really like to see the Endura 5 and matching Delica.
I agree it would be similar, but g-10 and Super blue I think would be enough of a change. look at some of the other knives; they just change color of the scales. or the PM2's there are variations that are very similar, even the manix 2.

I still vote for the stretch; especially since I didn't get the chance to get a CF stretch, but seriously thinking about paying the premium on one. I like the delica but nowhere near as much as some of the others. Although I am looking fo a g-10 delica to house my ZDP blade. But now that I mentioned ZDP; we are in the same boat with delica as you mentioned on the stretch.

Time will tell, but sounds like they will eventually make a new knife with superblue
vivi

Re:

Post by vivi »

sal wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 am
Thanx for the support. Now maybe "youse guys" can help us pick some new Mule Teams?

The Cruware Mule is getting ready to be released again. CATRA tests were quite acceptable, especially for an ingot steel. The Elmax Mule teams are on the shelf for the next release. Then ???

Probably needs a new thread?

sal
If you run a Mule in A2 above 60rc I'll buy one and make scales for it and test the **** out of it.

I think A2 is seriously under rated as a budget steel.
:unicorn
mikey177

Re: Any more Super Blue knives in the works?

Post by mikey177 »

Since there have been Delica and Endura models in Super Blue, I'm hoping there will be an Endela as well.
Hopsbreath

Re: Re:

Post by Hopsbreath »

vivi wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:48 pm
sal wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 am
Thanx for the support. Now maybe "youse guys" can help us pick some new Mule Teams?

The Cruware Mule is getting ready to be released again. CATRA tests were quite acceptable, especially for an ingot steel. The Elmax Mule teams are on the shelf for the next release. Then ???

Probably needs a new thread?

sal
If you run a Mule in A2 above 60rc I'll buy one and make scales for it and test the **** out of it.

I think A2 is seriously under rated as a budget steel.
Late night necro-ing? This is one of those posts that could be its own thread like “I want an A2 Mule above 60 HRC and won’t shut up!” Sounds sweet, I’d be down for my first Mule.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Vivi be like -
Attachments
IMG_0391.jpeg
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
vivi

Post by vivi »

lol. I'm not even sure how I came across this thread. Regardless, I stand by my suggestion haha.
:unicorn
olywa

Post by olywa »

Give that Super Blue some room to run. Longer edge on a Stretch XL would be about right.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

olywa wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:43 am
Give that Super Blue some room to run. Longer edge on a Stretch XL would be about right.

I can absolutely see this happening, though I'm probably not in the running for one.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

PM3 in Super Blue please. 🙏
Greg

* EDC> PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix LW - CPM 4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294