Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
theZOOfromHELL

Post by theZOOfromHELL »

hey guys,
i hate to be the odd man out, but personally I think that benchmade makes excellent knives. I haven't always had the same reliability with them that i have with my Spydies, and most of my problems have been with their proprietary Axis lock - but they are head-and-shoulders above most competition, up there with Spyderco. Their materials, tolerances and warranty are top notch, and for that I can't knock them down as a brand.

....now i'm off to purchase another spydie. :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

edited.....
MCM

Post by MCM »

If you want to try a couple of each, Roger at KW is having a 5% off everything Black Friday sale.
(23rd-25th)

Let us know what you think!
;)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Beard Man

Post by Beard Man »

MCM wrote:If you want to try a couple of each, Roger at KW is having a 5% off everything Black Friday sale.
(23rd-25th)

Let us know what you think!
;)
I want to try a Military and BM 710 D2.Its really hard to choose which one I like more.Both ere great knives but I need just one,I am more a user and not a collector,and need just a great,simple and reliable knife for work,not for shelf.
Beard Man

Post by Beard Man »

The Mastiff wrote:SPYDERCOMAN/BENCHMADEMAN,

Welcome to Spyderco forums. Some advise for you. We try our best to be respectful to each other, and other companies and people in the industry. The reasons for that should be self evident. What you are doing is really very close to what we refer to as trolling. It opens the door to cross forum discussions and problems.

We like to think we are above or at least past all that. In addition, there are plenty of us that are also hooked by the whole knife thing that we buy different brands as well as Spydercos.

If you do refer to other forums, businesses or people please do so in a positive, or constructive way , or maybe just don't do it at all. There is plenty to talk about right here. Plenty for us, who come here to learn, to do just that without getting into contentious discussions or cross forum debates. Threads like yours almost always devolve into problems due to people being passionate about the things they like.

Sal and Kristi provide us with one of the best, and most informative forums I've ever been around and I'm grateful for that to the point that I try to self moderate myself, giving the Spyderco team one less problem to have to deal with. The majority of others here are even better at it than me, but I'm trying. :)

Welcome once again.

Joe
Thank you. :)
markg

Post by markg »

Oh please... The Benchmade-Spyderco feud was so 2004...

;)
MCM

Post by MCM »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:I want to try a Military and BM 710 D2.Its really hard to choose which one I like more.Both ere great knives but I need just one,I am more a user and not a collector,and need just a great,simple and reliable knife for work,not for shelf.
"I need just one" Now thats FUNNY! LOL LOL :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Both are great knife companys. Benchmade customer service is top notch , Ive heard spydercos is as well but never had to use it...I own several knives from both companies and use both. That being said what keeps me coming back to spyderco is , Yes their designs are non-traditional but as far as function goes spyderco has nailed it. As posted above its great to have a question about your knife and get on here and have Sal answer your questions, not taking away from benchmade at all (shiny footprints), me personally it gives me a warm feeling inside...lol....seriously , when i spend my hard earned money on a product and the designer/owner is so in tuned with his customers and willing to answer any question, take any critism ,and admit and explain any mistake his company has made and go above and beyond to correct it . Spyderco really cares about their products and they're customers. Yes there are other quality knives out there , but the relationship spyderco has with its customers for me is what keeps me coming back.(bad *** knives have a little something to do with it too)
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:I want to try a Military and BM 710 D2.Its really hard to choose which one I like more.Both ere great knives but I need just one,I am more a user and not a collector,and need just a great,simple and reliable knife for work,not for shelf.
If you want just one knife run away from spyderco and this forum and never look back...Lol.. Spyderco knives are like crack ,be careful my friend very very careful..When that spyder bites you you or your wallet will never be the same.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

who is the best,seems like a troll post... :rolleyes:
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:So,Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade because Spyderco is so popular?Or its better than Benchmade?
"Better" is such an arbitrary word. These sharp pointy tools get very personal to owners and users of any brand. Spyderco is my brand because I respect the company's integrity, quality, value, quality of this forum as well as the quality of edges and materials that come with a new :spyder: knife.

Each individual will make their own choices :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:AND? What you trying to say me?

If you have the same username on ALL forum,should I do the same?

I do what I want and what I like.

I wnat to be a BENCHMADE MAN on a Benchmade Forum and SPYDERCO MAN on a Spyderco Forum!Thats what I like!

I'm not hiding from anyone,and using two different Username is my personal choice. :)
Just read the whole thread and i must say this sounds to me like someone just trying to push other peoples buttons and start an argument. That being said this is a forum to ask questions and show off your knives,Please refer to the shiny foorprints post started by Sal. If you prefer one company to another thats fine,but i question the motive behind posting that here
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Allen R. wrote:Just read the whole thread and i must say this sounds to me like someone just trying to push other peoples buttons and start an argument. That being said this is a forum to ask questions and show off your knives,Please refer to the shiny foorprints post started by Sal. If you prefer one company to another thats fine,but i question the motive behind posting that here
Hmmmm, especially taking into account the same post at the other forum.
Azad

Post by Azad »

I collect them both... though I have to admit my Spydercos outnumber my Benchmade by a huge margin. However, truth be told I only USE spydercos and it is not because of brand loyalty. Spydercos just works better for me.
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

I have both but recently been picking up more and more spydies and I like spyderco more than benchmade because I think benchmade's are a bit over priced compared to spyderco's.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Vicinadp,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

Allen R. wrote:If you want just one knife run away from spyderco and this forum and never look back...Lol.. Spyderco knives are like crack ,be careful my friend very very careful..When that spyder bites you you or your wallet will never be the same.
So true....so true :D
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Paradiggum

Post by Paradiggum »

I have no issue with Benchmade. I have several Mini Grips. I even have a couple of the Mini-Pikas. They're very similar to my favorite EDC, the Delica. Having said that, and while I do have maybe 10 Benchmade knives total, I have over 100 Spyderco knives. To me they're more ergo friendly and I prefer the hole to a stud. Plus I can get a lefty Military and most other makers don't have a left handed knife in their lineup.
Both good, just different. Had I to choose only one? It would be a Spyderco. I settled on that about 13 yrs ago when I got my first Delica in 1998.
Pretty much every other folder was either purchased for something specific, for curiousity or as a supplement to a Delica.
dialex

Post by dialex »

MCM wrote:I have a couple hundred of each and have never registered one.
Neither did I (and I do have a few Spydies myself) ;)
Can you realy register your Spyderco? Not that I'd really care about this...
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
dialex

Post by dialex »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:So,Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade because Spyderco is so popular?Or its better than Benchmade?
Who gives a crap how many registered users Benchmade has? :confused:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.