Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Beard Man

Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade.

Post by Beard Man »

So,Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade because Spyderco is so popular?Or its better than Benchmade?
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Welcome to the forum. Great first post buddy. I will leave that question for you to work out after you own more :spyder: .
O.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

We're all just fanboys here...Spyderco knives suck ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MCM

Post by MCM »

I have a couple hundred of each and have never registered one.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

MCM wrote:I have a couple hundred of each and have never registered one.
+1, lol, didn't know I could register my :spyder: s.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm pretty sure he's talking about registered users, as in forum members...but that's a guess. I've never heard of registering something that doesn't come with a serial number.
~David
angusW

Post by angusW »

S P Y D E R C O M A N wrote:So,Spyderco registered users more than Benchmade because Spyderco is so popular?Or its better than Benchmade?
sal wrote:...I am asking you to pull any tag lines or comments that could be percerived as hostile or antagonistic to other companies in the knife industry, while on our forums.

I realize that to many, it is an important issue, and I will admit to being sensitive myself, but a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.
sal
Welcome to this forum SPYDERCOMAN. I believe the above post from Sal pretty much sums it up.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I can only speak for myself. I'm here because Spyderco has consistently proved itself to be a highly honorable and ethical company that gives credit where credit is due and does not use other people's ideas without permission. Benchmade has their own way of doing business. I do not approve of their way.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

Well I can count the number of Benchmade's I have with one hand. I would need 10+ hands to count my Spyderco's. :)
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:I can only speak for myself. I'm here because Spyderco has consistently proved itself to be a highly honorable and ethical company that gives credit where credit is due and does not use other people's ideas without permission. Benchmade has their own way of doing business. I do not approve of their way.
That pretty much sums it up. Beyond all that, i honestly just don't care for most Benchmade designs. I'll never see what's so amazing about the Griptilian, and i'm not saying that to rip on the knife/brand at all..it just doesn't appeal to me in any way whatsoever. I guess if anything, the lock is ok, but i prefer to have as few moving parts as possible in a lock, so it fails in that regard.
~David
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

In my experience, benchmade knives are way more expensive than spyderco, and for what? If I can get what I want at 50% of the price, forgive me, but I'm not going to waste my money. That's how I made my decision on spyderco. The reason I'm staying here? Sal. No kidding. He runs the company on a personal level, and actually cares about the users. He's not just selling his knives. He sells, discusses, fixes, breathes, drinks... :p
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

A caveman would use a rock over a benchmade.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Benchmade and other knife companies have knives in their inventory that are **** near identical to the Delicas and Enduras. Benchmade also had, or still has a knife that is pretty close to the Tenacious too. I also saw a dragonfly ripoff from a tactical clothing company too. While they may or may not have permission to do so, it still is Spyderco that is being copied.

That says it all for me, because only the best products are ever copied.
FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery

I personaly do not own a Benchmade or plan on it.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Benchmade makes good stuff, ,they do. But the reason I buy Spyderco, and only Spyderco,(folders) for the last 5+ years is the WAY they do business, and who/what they are at a foundational level. If someone could show me a company that makes the highly functional (and often value packed) knives that they do, , but does so with as much integrity and class as they do, I'd buy their stuff too. Until then, it's Spyderco all the way.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Not to toss the 1st stone, but a new user on the BM forum made his 1st post today with the same question. His name is B E N C H M A D E M A N
"New Enthusiast" all Cap's.

So, I have to think B E N C H M A D E M A N and S P Y D E R C O M A N are the same poster. With the same 1st post on each board.

So, what to you have to say now? :rolleyes:

Will post this over thee as well.
BTY, I have the same name on 10 knife forums some for over 10 yrs as I am not hiding anything. LOL LOL
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I have a few Benchmade's and they are nice knives. I have MANY Spyderco's with a couple on the way and several pre-ordered. Guess you could say I'm a Spydie fan :spyder:
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I have had several Benchmades...I now have 2 and don't know of any I want at this time. I now have 25 Spydies (not counting the 2 pre-ordered M390 Millies) and plan on getting more. :D
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
MCM

Post by MCM »

To some it up. They are the top two production knife Co's in the hobby.
They got there for a reason. :)

I would say a lot of it has to do with listening to there customers.
Producing superior products with great customer service.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I think once you read some posts and see the interaction between the company and the members here you will find the answer to your question.

And, Yes we are all just fan boys :D For all the right reasons :spyder:

Welcome to the Forum