Multiple Carry Recognition

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

If I carry my endura, my dyad or dragonfly goes with me.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sequimite wrote:Glad to see your Multiple Carry Recognition has been enhanced.

Now you can work on your Multiple Post Recognition.

I used to always carry two or three Spydies; lately just one. I'll start loading up again.
ohhh....a below the belt hit....Ouch....that happened only because the spyderco site did that this afternoon when the site went down, it took me several hours of trying to delete posts but this site was working way to slow or sometimes not at all.....Sooooo IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!! Thanks for bringing it to my awareness Mr. Now I gotcha you SOB....In the future I'll be reading your posts more carefully looking for spelling mistakes :p Doc :p LOL
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

pmbspyder wrote:Hey Doc- for a man who carries a backup for his backup's backup in everything, why only 1 light? Does your evening edc change, or do you just not see the need for a backup (this is a serious question, not trying to be a smarta$$)?
(huh.... Not the post I quoted...^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Still having forum issues maybe?)

A good reinforced belt AND suspenders. The only way to go. :D

I almost always carry at least two, a ffg Delica for work, a Sage 1 for gentlemanly pursuits, perhaps a Tasman Salt in the pocket for backup. I've got a thing for Perrin fixed blades as well, so I usually pack one for self defense, however not the Spydie variety, unfortunately.
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

For work my Endura SE goes with my Micro Dyad. Out of work I got Vollaton or Native CF or Manix 2 always accompanied by Balance SS. Oh, and the Spin etched as a money clip as well as a Swiss card in the wallet. :D

Post by 1623 »

Sequimite wrote:Glad to see your Multiple Carry Recognition has been enhanced.

Now you can work on your Multiple Post Recognition.
Touché.

Indeed I had a bit of an issue with the site not loading up, or so it seemed ;)
Dr. Snubnose wrote:ohhh....a below the belt hit....Ouch....that happened only because the spyderco site did that this afternoon when the site went down
I think that jab was intended for me Doc :)
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

1623 wrote:Touché.

Couldn't resist, but also didn't know about the site issues.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
angusW

Post by angusW »

I carry three at work and three different ones at home.
1623 wrote:Touché.

Since that jab was meant for you then it will be my honour to jab Doc.

Hey Doc. I see the new camera is working out :D
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
ProntoTonto

Post by ProntoTonto »

Usually carry two. One for work and one kept hair splitting sharp
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Yep - I always carry a large and smaller Spydie, for that reason and others.

DOC - I'd like to hear what you sound like when you run. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

I guess I have 3 on my person lately.

Manix 2 Lightweight - big blade
A Havalon Tracer - my little blade
Leatherman Squirt PS4 - never use the blade. I have this on my key ring for the pliers and file mostly. The other tools come in handy too.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

angusW wrote:I carry three at work and three different ones at home.

Since that jab was meant for you then it will be my honour to jab Doc.

Hey Doc. I see the new camera is working out :D
Let it be known.....you will never see a clear and good picture from me....Give me a break....It took me five years on this forum to figure out how to post a picture.....NOW YOU SAY YOU WANT GOOD ONES!......LOL.....Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Post by 1623 »

Sequimite wrote:Couldn't resist, but also didn't know about the site issues.
All in good fun; if you can't hand out or take a few digs, life gets pretty boring.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Let it be known.....you will never see a clear and good picture from me....Give me a break....It took me five years on this forum to figure out how to post a picture.....NOW YOU SAY YOU WANT GOOD ONES!......LOL.....Doc :p
I really like that pic of you custom 'hawks doc. ;)
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I really like that pic of you custom 'hawks doc. ;)
It was a fluke...I stood real still for that one LOL...Doc :o

MightySpydie

Post by MightySpydie »

Almost always have 2 blades when I leave the house, one of which is always a small, "friendly" knife like the Dragonfly. I recently picked up a neck sheath for my Ladybug, so lately it's been 3 blades at a time :)
Nifelheim

Post by Nifelheim »

Mr. Snubnose Could you please be so kind and tell me what are those double edged pakal goodies in the centre of the pic, to the right of the (quite lonely) flashlight?

On topic: I always carry two folders - one in my front right pocket, the other in my back left. While the one in the front is in weekly rotation, the one in the back is mostly a Tenacious. Carrying in the back left pocket in the standard right-hand-tip-up position is really handy if you can open your knife with your ring finger in reverse grip. Especially if you're left handed like me and do not want to change your clip position all the time.
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

^ I second that. I'm more interested in the red and black ones which are a little less pkal-ish, but they're highly sculpted and quite good looking.

Its amusing though that this has turned into a thread about "what the Doc ordered."

To at least attempt to address the OP:
I normally carry only one, but recently I've found myself carrying two. That said when I know I'm going to be in a situation which might require political correctness I'll tuck a dragonfly, poliwog, or zulu somewhere.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

I just started carrying two folders a few months ago. One reason for a secondary EDC blade is for the odd old lady looks. The other is for when someone asks for a knife. Unless it is one of my close friends that I know for a fact respects and understands how to handle a $100+ knife, the person is getting my secondary EDC.

That being said, to accompany my primary EDC (usually either my Chaparral, Sage 3, or Para 2), I usually keep on me a Victorinox Cadet since it's small, comes with a few other useful tools, and is recognizable by the general public as something that isn't threatening. I also rotate a Ladybug, Dragonfly, Kershaw OD-2, and Sanrenmu 605.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:And that is exactly why I carried this today: ....and for a few other reasons....LOL...Doc :D
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 1_2252.jpg[/img][/IMG]
I'm proud to consider a walking arsenal my friend :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sorry to the Op for stealing this thread.....The Pakal knives you see are Custom Made by Mark Goldsworthy http://www.thinkmoxie.com/goldsworthyknives/?cat=8 You can check out his site. Both of the knives you ask about are called the "Kwi Kwa Ju" they are indeed RGEI Pakals, They are specifically carried by me for SD purposes. The Black one is made from 440C is single edged with the Hawkbill and leading edge Kiridashi sharpened, The handles are Green and Black G-10, The Red Pakal is Red G-10 Handles with Mosaic Pins of Copper and SS and it's doubled edged the blade steel is Rainbow Damascus. They are not only great works of art, but very functional fighting knives. If you contact Mark, he is great to work with make sure you tell him Doc Snubnose sent you for even greater quality of service....I'll post some better pics.

[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... loseup.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... y3D400.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... D400-1.jpg[/img]
[/IMG]....Doc :)