First spyderco, future is looking good!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Z-spyder

First spyderco, future is looking good!

Post by Z-spyder »

Well I used to carry a Smith and Wesson M&p and decided that knife was way to big to carry around all the time. I like carrying a knife not constantly feeling the knife in my pocket hahaha. So today I received my spyderco ambitious in the mail and I have already fallen in love with it hahaha. But I thought Id make a post to say Hi.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome to the knives and the forums :) Hope you enjoy the new addiction.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Great first Spyderco.

In no time will you be carrying a ParaMilitary 2 :D
Come Join Us Click Here
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Z-spyder,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal
rondv

Post by rondv »

Hi Z-spyder

Welcome, I'm new also and must tell you BEWARE of the :spyder: !
I received my first Spyderco Saturday and my 2nd and 3rd today.

Ron
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Welcome!! My first knife was a h1 ladybug. Unfortunately I lost that but since then I've picked a couple new models up with pocket clip.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Have the 2 big brother's to the Ambitious (Tenacious, Resilience) and if you like how it feels wait till you get your hands on one made in Golden, Colorado USA Earth :spyder: :D Love my Para Military 2 !!!!!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Welcome to the forum. I've found that Spyderco knives are the best all around quality production knife I've used. Many models to choose from also for about any cutting need. I've never seen the Ambitious but have seen the Persistance and thought it is a great knife.

Jack
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Ambitious was my first spyder, cool lil knife. Soon you will be carrying calys, sages and paras. Welcome and watch your wallet :)
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Quick, put any cash you have into long term investments otherwise it's going down the Spydie hole. I started with a Tenacious last Fall and now I'm up to 25 or so Spydies. It's a sick addiction!!!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

wsdavies wrote:Quick, put any cash you have into long term investments otherwise it's going down the Spydie hole. I started with a Tenacious last Fall and now I'm up to 25 or so Spydies. It's a sick addiction!!!
*cheddarnut nods vigorously while sitting cross legged, rocking back and forth on the floor in the middle of a locked white room, opening and closing a trainer over and over and over. This was posted by his supervisor*
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
MightySpydie

Post by MightySpydie »

Welcome to the forum, Z. Congratulations on your purchase.
Z-spyder

Post by Z-spyder »

yea Ive been sitting with it in my hand practicing opening and closing it hahaha. Cant wait to run into some cash and get a mil, or a para hahaha
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Cheddarnut wrote:*cheddarnut nods vigorously while sitting cross legged, rocking back and forth on the floor in the middle of a locked white room, opening and closing a trainer over and over and over. This was posted by his supervisor*
lol

To the OP...Welcome to the forums!!! Enjoy your stay!!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome Z-spyder and to all the newer members. As everyome is saying, something takes over your mind after you get your first one. Part of teh fun to me though is the research process to figure out the next one that you want. Life's too short, you might as well enjoy the ride.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Z-spyder wrote:yea Ive been sitting with it in my hand practicing opening and closing it hahaha. Cant wait to run into some cash and get a mil, or a para hahaha
Z, I wanted one good knife that would stay sharp for a longer time than all the $20 knives I'd bought all my life. I'm serious, I only wanted one. I got one. Then I wanted another for some reason, different size, blade steel, etc. I ended up buying around 30 knives, 25 or so were Spyderco. I'm sticking with Spyderco except for an occasional few in the future. I have sold a few that I never used even though they were great knives to get cash for others to try. After buying and selling, I'm down to 10 of the greatest knives I think are available. There are others of course but I like the ones I have.

Many people got started the same way I did. Since my start I've seen several people who post here saying they got their first Spyderco and at least 90% of them buy more. It looks like you are in the boat now. I can't explain it but I have tried. I come out sounding like an idiot to anyone who doesn't like a certain something a lot. My wife likes glass so she understands. She looks at me when I get another knife like I look at her when she buys a glass doo-dad. I would suggest this, before buying think about what you will use the knife for. Hard work? EDC for general use? Going to work? Things like that. People here will give advice from experience on what they like/dislike about different models. It's your choice of course but I've found the suggestions here are something to consider.

Advice from me to people who sit around playing with their knives. Buy band aids. :)

Jack
BAL

Post by BAL »

jackknifeh wrote:
Advice from me to people who sit around playing with their knives. Buy band aids. :)

Jack
And carry a couple around in your pocket. I used to never worry about putting a band aid on a cut, however, other people don't take to kindly now a days to you bleeding all over the place. :eek: