The Mrs. wants a pink Ladybug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

The Mrs. wants a pink Ladybug

Post by Evil D »

Soooo...i searched and found that these are getting to be a bit rare. She saw me sharpening my ZDP Ladybug and said "oh i want one of those but it has to be pink".

:rolleyes:

So now i'm looking to find one. How hard are they to find, what should i expect to pay? Any chance of the new Ladybug's ever coming in pink? You guys know how this goes...when your woman actually takes an interest in knives, you have to jump on it lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

There's one on that big auction site right now. Currently at $20 with 8 days to go. Hope you can find one for her!
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

You could always buy a ladybug salt and dye it
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Bearcat1

Delica

Post by Bearcat1 »

I bought my wife a pink delica. I forget which supplier still has them, but they had a special run of pink delicas. Just a thought if that size is not too big. :)

Jeff
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dgulbra wrote:You could always buy a ladybug salt and dye it

Been thinking about that, i'm just worried i wouldn't get the color right. That's my second option though.
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Bearcat1 wrote:I bought my wife a pink delica. I forget which supplier still has them, but they had a special run of pink delicas. Just a thought if that size is not too big. :)

Jeff
She wants it for her keys. I got her to carry a SAK Classic a few years ago and i guess she's actually realized how often you'll use a knife if you have one. She was telling me just today that she cut up some kiwi with it for lunch. Of course i'd LIKE to get her a Delica, i just don't think she'd carry it, or it would get tossed in her purse, never to be seen again. If it's on her keys like the SAK, i think she'd use it.
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

So lavender isn't fair game? :(
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Evil D wrote:Been thinking about that, i'm just worried i wouldn't get the color right. That's my second option though.
Bought my GF a Pac salt for gardening and dyed it pink. I had to dye it twice to get the correct shade, it seemed to be fairly forgiving
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

You could get a salt, and dye it, and also get a mcgizmo clip and split ring, so she can take it off and put it on her keys quick
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Evil D wrote:She wants it for her keys. I got her to carry a SAK Classic a few years ago and i guess she's actually realized how often you'll use a knife if you have one. She was telling me just today that she cut up some kiwi with it for lunch. Of course i'd LIKE to get her a Delica, i just don't think she'd carry it, or it would get tossed in her purse, never to be seen again. If it's on her keys like the SAK, i think she'd use it.
To avoid inadvertently turning her off your interest in knives, you may want to put a rubber band around the Ladybug if she keeps her keys in her purse. See my thread for the way NOT :o to encourage the wife to get into :spyder: :

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41800
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I would send the Ladybug to RiverCitySheaths and have a little bit of kydex/concelex wrap with a key ring. :)
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]