Brown G10 Para?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Brown G10 Para?

Post by gull wing »

Is it a sprit run?
How many are they going to make?
When are they getting out? :D Yeah, sure!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I admit that I get different forums' rules about posting links mixed up, so I'll just say that everything that's know in the wild on this one is on the dealer's website. If you call them they might know more? Last I checked there was no firm ETA projected.
jossta

Post by jossta »

I'm pretty sure it's a distributor exclusive.
catamount

Post by catamount »

It is a distributor exclusive. It will have an S35VN blade. Many dealers do business with this particular distributor, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one who will get some.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Yes, A Sprit Run.
Number of them to be made?
I didn't really think I would learn the "when' thing.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FWIW, sprint = Spyderco initiated but available through the full normal dealer network, dealer or distributor exclusives are initiated by the relevant dealer or distributor and available only through that dealer or that distributor and its dealers.

The draw on this one would be the earth brown scales (IMO). The blade is S35VN, which is not very different from S30V.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Yes, I like brown scales. Got an Endura(my first) for that reason. The FRN brown is quite nice.

Now the G10:
JNewell, when you said "Earth Brown" G10 scales, that just prompted me to actually read the write up on Knifecenter, sure is Earth Brown. I saw only the pictures before, and they look good. I have experience with Halprin's Earth Brown and it's sort of a ho-hum light brown not close to the picture in Knifecenters add. I would like a more brown scale than than that.

Wonder if Spyderco will get the G10 from Halprin? Following are pics of some course texture G10 in Earth Brown from Halprin. Please allow for lighting errors and my poor photo skils, but the actual color is a bit lighter than the pic.
Mr_Moe

Post by Mr_Moe »

Gull wing, do you mean Halpern (Titanium)? A little confused who Halprin is.
Donut

Post by Donut »

That looks like the texture pattern that I have on my HEST Folders. I really like the texture and grip it gives.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

m moe,
The same! Gig me for spelling, but it's the color I am getting here.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Nice work on the pix - I would guess that the G10 will be the same as used on the CTS-XHP Military sprint. :D
gull wing wrote:Yes, I like brown scales. Got an Endura(my first) for that reason. The FRN brown is quite nice.

Now the G10:
JNewell, when you said "Earth Brown" G10 scales, that just prompted me to actually read the write up on Knifecenter, sure is Earth Brown. I saw only the pictures before, and they look good. I have experience with Halprin's Earth Brown and it's sort of a ho-hum light brown not close to the picture in Knifecenters add. I would like a more brown scale than than that.

Wonder if Spyderco will get the G10 from Halprin? Following are pics of some course texture G10 in Earth Brown from Halprin. Please allow for lighting errors and my poor photo skils, but the actual color is a bit lighter than the pic.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

JNewell wrote:Nice work on the pix - I would guess that the G10 will be the same as used on the CTS-XHP Military sprint. :D
I think you're correct on that. Didn't TazKristi confirm it would be the same G-10 too?
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Ok, looked up threads on the Brown Millie. It looks a lot like the brown I have, except the Millie is mediun texture.

The picture in the add for the Para Brown 35VN looks quite different :confused:
oh well, Earth Brown is Earth Brown.