Why???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Holland

Post by Holland »

variety of steels, variety of locks, looks, function, cs, f&f, spyderco's ht, this spyderco community, spyderco's business ethics, the whole, and the most important: Sal Glessor!

its really easy to become brand loyal when the owner of the company communicates with his customers on these forums, and listens to our criticism and fixes it. he also asks us for advise and recommendations for sprints and whatnot. If i ever make a company, i am going to try and mimic sal's business practices
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

I originally owned a Benchmade years ago with a liner lock. The lock started collapsing on me so I sent it back two different times with no improvement. I wound up throwing it away. This was before internet days. Then came my first Cricket (CF). The HOLE just made sense to me. Less is more. I thought any knife that doesn't have this is mssing something (or adding to much :) )It worked for years until I lost it :( I was never a part of any knife "community" so I was not in the loop of Spyderco's being ugly or odd. For me that is the way knives are supposed to look. Now when looking at other brands they seem so "typical" and uninspired. There are some other brands that have nice models but when you compare the whole line of knives you see where Spyderco excels. All spyderco models seem to have thought put into them. I will admit that some models don't make any sense to me but I know I am not the intended user so I don't judge. It is funny when I read that people think so and so model is ugly. I think have you ever picked it up in your hand? Have you ever used it? Then you realize with Spyderco forum equals function. If you can't appreciate that then you will probably not be a Spyderco fan. Then to have Sal and company offering up service and interaction at such a high level it is a slam dunk. Spyderco is more than just handle materials and blade steel.
-F1

Post by -F1 »

I thought the body of the opening post was going to simply say "...didn't I provide a useful subject line?"