anyone edc the lum cf/ti/al?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
casey1

anyone edc the lum cf/ti/al?

Post by casey1 »

just looking at it and thought it was a great knife. who carries it and why?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I just carried my CF Lum today. It isn't my EDC, but gets cycled through every once in a while. Even though it is a beautiful piece, I actually don't carry it that often. It seems a bit too pretty to use hard, but even more importantly, the handle shape, lack of choil, and semi-slick handle material don't lend themselves to a secure feeling grip. I prefer a knife that locks into my hand more securely and that I don't mind if the scales get a bit banged up.

So why do I carry mine? I carry it because of the stunning looks and because I've also got a hard use knife in my other pocket to handle those more intensive duties.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
dman62

Post by dman62 »

Couldn't have said it better. Classy looking gentlemans knife but too slick for hard work.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I carry all my Chinese folders every now and again. The Chinese Folder is a great utility design and it's a pleasure to show off. I like the CF version for its light weight.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
EricTheRed

Post by EricTheRed »

Jabba said it right...

Though I also dont edc my CF chinese Lum I put in my pocket for a few days at a time every now and then. The Nishijin carbon fiber is the best **** looking scale material I've come across. I tend to only carry when not at work and perhaps going out with friends or such (where I'm less likely to need to bang it up. Though in a time of need I'll sacrifice it if I must)

As a bonus off topic fact: I was informed by Sal that the Spydercrew is planning on using the Nishijin CF on another knife. Unfortunatly he left what knife that will be a mystery. I hope I dont have to waite too long to find out.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

If I believe I'll need a slicer the green Lum will be with me. It is my first Spyderco and has a special place for me. It was my EDC for 6 months before I started getting more Spydercos. Beautiful functional design + aesthetic pleasure. A terrific design :D
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Like others have said, I've carried my Lum Chinese CF here and there. It's a beauty for sure. More of a "dressy" knife. But, now I wonder which other Spydie will come out with the Nishin CF??? :cool:
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I carry the ZDP often.
Love the knife, didn't love the slick AL, so I fitted textured G10 scales on it.
It's a winner! :D What a blade!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Got my ZDP lum in my pocket all this week!!!
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I have Al and CF versions, and carry the CF one as part of my regular rotation. I don't carry the aluminum one much because I worry about scratching it up, but that's not a concern with the glass/carbon fiber. It's a great knife. Personally, I don't find the handle to be too slick, and have done things like cut up chicken, getting grease from the skin all over the knife, without grip issues.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
itora

Post by itora »

Gotta agree the glass fiber Lum is a beauty. Been carrying it for the past two weeks. The leaf shaped blade on the Chinese Lum has got to be one of Spyderco's best looking. In fact just received my titanium Lum the other day. All I can say is it cuts like a light saber!