How many spydies do you own?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many spydies are in your collection?

1-5
13%
6-10
18%
11-15
14%
16-20
5%
21-25
4%
26-30
6%
31-35
4%
36-40
4%
41-45
2%
46+.
31%

Total votes: 237

3rdGenRigger

Re: How many spydies do you own?

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Drahkis wrote:I think last I counted I was at 83, and luckily for me my wife knows... and it doesn't bother her.
I don't have a ball-and-chain preventing the growth of my collection (Fortunately lol). My ex-girlfriend sure didn't understand, back when I had less than 10 or so Spydies too.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

My collection is growing relatively slowly. At the moment I own 9. But I lost a Pingo(that's why I don't like the wire clips.) and sold my Para2.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
Drahkis wrote: My ex-girlfriend sure didn't understand, back when I had less than 10 or so Spydies too.
You made the right choice. :)

So the winner in this poll is more then 40 spyderco's owned. I love this place.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Enduraguy96

Post by Enduraguy96 »

I've got 4

Endura 4 ffg
tenacious
Manbug super blue
Paramilitary 2 digi camo, satin in the mail :)
para military 2
Fallkniven f1
Endura 4 ffg
manbug superblue
tenacious x 2
manix 2 g10
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

It makes me feel less guilty about all the Spydies I own, when I read about the next guy who owns twice as many! :)
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Approaching the 300 mark! All of them precious, especially the ones I beat on mercilessly! ;)

I blame several folks on this site (ahem, Mr. Blonde and the Deacon for sure) and Sal for his hypno-voodoo sales skills for giving me zero will when I constantly arrive at a website or eBay's checkout screen... :p
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

That number is classified. :D
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Way more than I need...way fewer than I want. Such is the life of a Spyderco collector. ;)
BTG

Post by BTG »

68...69 by Friday...and my wife doesn't get it either, but I don't get purses & shoes, so we agree to disagree..
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Welp, I'm outnumbered, lol.

All of mine are in my signature, and two of those are lost. What I think it funny is the relatively low middle-ground; that is, it looks like most people have either fewer than 15 or more than 45.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Ahhh, make that 70...71 tomorrow, went to the shop and picked up the Kahr Arms Delica in black & Khaki...to join the blue one already in collection.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

43 spydies plus a Byrd Hawkbill coming in the Mail -- I assume Byrds aren't included in this poll, right?

I agree it's interesting how there's so few people in my category and then suddenly tons of people with more. It's like we try to slow down at about 40-45, then think, oh well, what the heck, I might as well admit that I really want these things and grab all I can get!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

20 if you count an unscaled bushcraft blank that's waiting on the back burner. 4 Fixed and 16 folders.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I honestly don't know. It's bad luck to count 'em. :p
BTG

Post by BTG »

BTG wrote:68...69 by Friday...and my wife doesn't get it either, but I don't get purses & shoes, so we agree to disagree..
I dug this out of the archives, I don't keep good records of when, from who, and how much I paid, as I see a lot of you do...so I went back just to see where I was at back in January when I joined the forum.....I thinks ya'all are a bad influence....current count 121..two more in the mail, and 3 on pre-order.....SOMEBODY STOP ME !! Lol...not really.. I see no end in sight.
RadioactiveSpyder

I managed to drop my number this week, I am actually quite impressed with myself! I think I have finally come out of the other end of the Spyder hole I fell into three years ago...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I managed to drop my number this week, I am actually quite impressed with myself! I think I have finally come out of the other end of the Spyder hole I fell into three years ago...
I was really surprised, when I find out that currently you have less than 5K spydies :eek:
RadioactiveSpyder

bh49 wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I managed to drop my number this week, I am actually quite impressed with myself! I think I have finally come out of the other end of the Spyder hole I fell into three years ago...
I was really surprised, when I find out that currently you have less than 5K spydies :eek:
Come on, I'm not that bad! GoldenSpydie and gbelleh both seem to have larger collections than me, not to mention the Deacon and others! I probably only have just a few more than you Roman. :D Plus it's partially your fault... I wouldn't have all those Native 5's if it weren't for your influence!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I stopped counting, finally came to terms with the fact that I'm a collector of :spyder: 's :o , you know its bad when you start finding :spyder: 's buried in the safe that you totally forgot you even owned. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bh49

Post by bh49 »

farnorthdan wrote:I stopped counting, finally came to terms with the fact that I'm a collector of :spyder: 's :o ,
You are the man on the road to recovery. Few more hundred :spyder: and you will be all set.