spyderco lava

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
numb

Post by numb »

What Mallus said!

The Lava is one of my three favourite spydercos ever and I lost mine a while ago so I really want to be able to buy the Lava mkII.

/N
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

:rolleyes: NOW I KNOW WHY MY EARS WERE RINGIN'!!!

Aloha ALL, LONG TIME NO SEE...too long.

Been going through some dramaz, but oh well, that's my problem... :mad:

I hate to sound...biased...but I too would like to see a Wharnie Lava,(oddly enough, that was the Lava's original blade design!) in G10. I would assume the cost of G10 would be less to make a FRN mold for the Lava. I love FRN, but...

Heck, I'd even love to see the Lava made overseas to make it even more cost effective and feasible for Sal.

MUCH MAHALO for *still* requesting a Lava Sprint...

God bless and hope to see you guys soon. :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hey Chad nice to see you.

Interesting comments.

Stay safe!
Come Join Us Click Here
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

cosmo7809 wrote:Hey Chad nice to see you.

Interesting comments.

Stay safe!
Aloha and thanks, you be safe too.

I just WANT to have the opportunity to get a few Lavas again. I lost my 2006 Forum Lava sometime ago, and the rest I had I gave away. :( I totally hope that Lava is lost in my car somewhere, but I did multiple shakedowns and nothing...Ugh.

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Daywalker! Glad to see you around. :)

Sorry about the drama. Hope that works out. I definitely love the Wharnie.
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

I'd love to see this one back in one form or another. One of my all time favorites.

ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Mahalo Cousin Chad :p

Glad to see you're still around. I still love my Lavas and would love to see a nice micarta Lava or a G11/ Ti version !!!

Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

ozspyder wrote:Mahalo Cousin Chad :p

Glad to see you're still around. I still love my Lavas and would love to see a nice micarta Lava or a G11/ Ti version !!!

Those scales are slick! Awesome! :)
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
DemskeetSkeet

Post by DemskeetSkeet »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha and thanks, you be safe too.

I just WANT to have the opportunity to get a few Lavas again. I lost my 2006 Forum Lava sometime ago, and the rest I had I gave away. :( I totally hope that Lava is lost in my car somewhere, but I did multiple shakedowns and nothing...Ugh.

God bless :cool:
Wow! Chad! It has been awhile my friend. Last time we talked was edcf I believe. I have been drooling over your designs at SHOT Show. I'm glad you keep churning them out at Boker.

I have to say that Schempp's Equalibrium reminded me of a Lava/Balance hybrid.
Knifestyle

Post by Knifestyle »

I've carried and given away Subcoms for years, probably have given away a dozen or two. Amazing starter knife you grow into, very versatile and well built. I always saw the Lava as the Gucci version I couldn't afford, which sadly doesn't look like it will ever reappear in my price range. An FRN version? I'd buy three. A Wharnie? That may be the last one I ever buy.
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

I could go for a new Lava,G-10 would be nice, a wharncliffe would be interesting,but let stir it up how about a hawkbill.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

Still kicking myself for not getting a lava when they were selling with close out prices. Would also love to see a g10 or micarta sprint as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Current Spydie Count 21
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I have got a SS Lava but a G-10 version would a nice addition!! I would certainly pick one up :)

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
RatDralX

Post by RatDralX »

I stumbled across this thread and remembered that I have a pair of Lavas in the safe collecting dust. One is brand new, with the plastic tape stuff still on it. The other was worn a few times but was never used to cut anything and is like new, aside from a few surface marks (normal for SS handles). I would be willing to entertain offers to purchase them if someone is interested.

I don't see an exchange or for sale section on this site, so I'm not sure if my post violates the rules, if so, sorry.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Just as the silent monster beneath the volcano lies, ready to erupt, the Lava will erupt over us again one day :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

RatDrall wrote: I don't see an exchange or for sale section on this site, so I'm not sure if my post violates the rules, if so, sorry.
Sal has asked no b/s/ting on the forum, brother. Sorry.

Ken
玉鋼
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I LOVE the idea of a brown G-10 Lava posted above. I know there was another recent thread about a Lava sprint, but I don't remember anyone from Spyderco nixing the possibility completely. The Lava is one of my favorite carry knives--except for the SS handle. I'm thinking about taking mine to an engraver to flute it to improve the grip--something like the new fluted Native. But if I knew a G-10 version was coming...
fredswartz

Post by fredswartz »

Love my Lava. Waited until the last moment
and got one. Tried to get another and
was too late. A great knife. You just have
to get one into your hands to appreciate
it. You can't own them all but this is one
of my favorites.