amazon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

In MRI brain studies the areas that light up when placing a bet and when winning a bet are indistinguishable. That's why gambling is so addictive for many and why I had a good time placing orders yesterday.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yeah, I think they're writing the letter they're going to send and in the mean time they are scared to talk to anyone.
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

Ya'll do what you want. But I personally doubt the emails will help at all. And continually begging them to honor their sale just reinforces what a bath they are taking.

As of 4:30pm Central time, no updates. No shipping confirmation or cancellation. It's starting to smell like incompetence. I'm not worried about my money, however. Amazon will make it right. But I plan to just wait this one out.
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

they should give us a 50% cupon if they cancel the orders. but lets have faith.
Spydies: edc forum manix 2
stag arms manix 2, endura 4,delica 4, ffg e4, para 2
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

knife nut404 wrote:they should give us a 50% cupon if they cancel the orders. but lets have faith.

I've had Amazon Marketplace orders cancelled before and was given a complimentary bucket full of Jack Squat. That's all we'll get on this one too.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Lol. You're funny :) . Yeah, I wasn't trying to bother them about the deals. I emailed them once to see if I could sway endura colors, once to ask them about breaking up my order b/c it had some items that were available meow and some that were pre-order and once the show them this thread.

Granted that last one could probably fall into the reminding them what a bath they're taking category. I guess they all could really. Oops. Either way, I don't typically get lightning fast responses from Amazon third party sellers. In this case I def never expected to. They probably have their hands a little full at the moment.
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

They probably have their hands a little full at the moment.[/QUOTE]

probaly just a little :D
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yeah, kinda an understatement ;) . I'm with Sequimite though, I had fun just ordering. Most of my fun comes from finding deals and seeing them at my door. Most of them leave my door also, but it helps me figure out what I really like. Don't expect to get anything out of this.

And yes, I know I have a problem...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sequimite wrote:In MRI brain studies the areas that light up when placing a bet and when winning a bet are indistinguishable. That's why gambling is so addictive for many and why I had a good time placing orders yesterday.
jossta wrote:Yeah, kinda an understatement ;) . I'm with Sequimite though, I had fun just ordering. Most of my fun comes from finding deals and seeing them at my door. Most of them leave my door also, but it helps me figure out what I really like. Don't expect to get anything out of this.

And yes, I know I have a problem...
+1
right: the most fun is to find the treasure or win a bet. So if all our orders will be cancelled, even better: we had fan and it didn't cost us anything. :) :D
Kind of having excitement for free.
IIRC Hemingway had a short story about old ugly guy having fun with waitress on rail-road station, asking her to go with him upstairs and offering hundreds of $$, knowing in advance, that there are no rooms there.
But I still will get my CF Balance for $86 shipped from Amazon :) :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

my fun is using them. i want to at lest get one of the twon knives i got the sage i would never buy and use but at $30 i can justify using it
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Just got my emails from Amazon saying my orders are canceled.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Order canceled, just got the notice. :eek: :eek: :cool:

No explanation.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

Mine was canceled too. No explanations of why. I was anticipating this.

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx from Seek Gear has been canceled.

In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled. In some cases (e.g., you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a canceled item. If you are charged for a canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.
eloreno

Post by eloreno »

jtoler_9 wrote:Just got my emails from Amazon saying my orders are canceled.
Ditto.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Simple Man wrote:Order canceled, just got the notice. :eek: :eek: :cool:
+1.
Just got the same e-mail. :( :( :( :(
But we had fun (and I still will get CF Balance for $86 shipped).
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
marcdurant

Post by marcdurant »

Yep, same here. Was a fun ride, though.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yep
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

Just checked and I got the same email. Oh well.
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

one of my knives was canceld but the other one is still their
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Now the question is how many of us that placed orders in hopes for some Spyderco gold are now going to spend money on knives elsewhere we normally would not have before the fun began yesterday? Stunts like this leave people wanting more. It might prove lucrative afterall for Spyderco and other knife vendors.