Native 5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Native 5

Post by J Smith »

Just got my birthday Native 5 from GPknives.Wow!what a home run.I am loving it.Thank goodness the dent in the lock is gone.The S35VN steel is super sharp.I was a little worried about it as I had a small Sebenza with this steel and was underwhelmed by it.I think it was all in the edge grind,did not cut well even after sharpening,I did not want to reprofile it so just let it go.I see now that is must have been just a case of how the grind was.
Loved to see that the Native 5 also has bronze washers.Now find myself hoping that someone does some different color replacement scales for them.
It would be sweet if at some point there could be a sprint of these with the original Native blade grind.
Also thinking this platform would be perfect for the production of the Native Chief.
Another great one Spyderco.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congrats on your Native5. It is fine knife. I hope Spyderco will treat us with few Sprints of Native5.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
syphen

Post by syphen »

I like my Native 5, beefy knife. Changed the pocket clip to a black one off a Delica FFG I had.. Prefer black clips, and even like they way they look when they wear. I'm also one who likes patina on things and wants them to look well used and loved!
Too many Spydies to list!
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Mine just shipped today. I'm looking forward to it, my first Native.

Hope you enjoy yours. One question, did it come with the clip configured for tip-up or the usual tip-down factory configuration?
jbdarkblue

Post by jbdarkblue »

Sounds like a great knife. I guess I'll find out sometime this week if it is worth all the praise it's been getting. Enjoy your knife.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Mine came configured for tip up.
:bug-red-white
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

syphen wrote:I like my Native 5, beefy knife. Changed the pocket clip to a black one off a Delica FFG I had.. Prefer black clips, and even like they way they look when they wear. I'm also one who likes patina on things and wants them to look well used and loved!
I like your style. :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

The Native5 is my favorite EDC these days. I love the heft and weight of it. And the back lock has regained my attention and respect. I'm going to purchase a couple additional Native5's as back ups. Just to have. And I'm dying to see what kind of sprint runs Spyderco comes up with for it.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

bh49 wrote:Congrats on your Native5. It is fine knife. I hope Spyderco will treat us with few Sprints of Native5.
I hope so. I'm holding off on getting a Native 5 right now in the hopes there will be a sprint in XHP. ;)
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Congrats. That's one cool knife for sure to EDC.

Hope to get one too for myself in the near future but the price is a little high for me just now. Since I live in a country where everything gets taxed by nearly 100%, it would be like paying for two knives.

The Native5 leaf shape has a huge appeal for me in comparison to other designs in the :spyder: range. Cant really explain why......
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Native chief sounds feast to me...love to see it with this new design.
On the hunt for...
alerin

Post by alerin »

I love this knife, but CF/s90v combo would be cool! Out of the Para2, Yo2 and Native5, this gets most of my pocket time.
joetheknifeguy

Post by joetheknifeguy »

I just ordered the Native Lightweight from Amazon. Had a $30.00 coupon so I thought I would give it a try. From what I see and hear I will probably purchase the Native 5 after I use the Native for a while. I also just bought Ed Scempp's Persian Sprint Run with the Red G-10 scales, I am drooling over that! New seller Stealth Rabbit on Amazon, she has great prices and if it's not listed you can email her and she will get it. Check it out.
Congrats on the Native-5.....Enjoy!
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Wood & Steel

Post by Wood & Steel »

Anyone know who would retail Native 5 in Toronto Canada. Can't find one. Thanks.
B.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Warriors & Wonders lists 5 different Native configs in stock including the Native 5 cited in this post. They seem to have a pretty good reputation.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Er, they are in Vancouver though. don't know much about Toronto-area stores, sorry.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Wood & Steel wrote:Anyone know who would retail Native 5 in Toronto Canada. Can't find one. Thanks.
B.
Sand R KNives in Rexdal. Sean and Rodney are pretty reasonable guys and they have a good selection of spydies. I mostly order on line from Warriors and wonders but have used S and R a number of times in the past.

I have no affiliation with either company.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Enjoy your stay
Wood & Steel

Post by Wood & Steel »

Thanks guys. I'll look into both suggestions. Spent the day tying to hunt down retail but Like y'all said, I gotta look outside metro. There used to be a great outdoor/surplus/sporting store on Yonge downtown but they got quit like all the other good stuff down there over the years. I'll report if I get lucky. Have you seen this guy's channel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2OVjRzUUY
B.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm holding out for a sprint run in this knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Wood & Steel

Post by Wood & Steel »

Just wanted to post my 1st pic. Ain't she a sweetheart. I need the left handed option & this is apparently one great palm full.
B.
[ATTACH]20992[/ATTACH]
Attachments
C41G5_L.jpeg