Dream Collaboration for New Spyder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Stiil holding my breath for Bill Pease

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Falk, reeve and spyderco
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
btron

Post by btron »

An Anzo anodized teal or blue titanium mini Mojo :D
flash900

Post by flash900 »

Spyder and Strider.
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I would like to see Spyderco make the Des Horn Imvubu only with a cutout in the handle for a Spyder hole where you could open with the tang extension or the hole. They need to make a nice functional drop point blade like on the Case drop point Russlock and a tactical that could be opened a mumbet of ways regardless of how you grasp the knife. That's three I have in mind that they have never made that would be extremely fine knives. I'm tired of seeing designs that make absolutely no sense because someone was simply searching for something that hadn't been done before.
Paka

Post by Paka »

Spyder Izula!
nccole

Post by nccole »

Ray Laconico. Full size Jasmine
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I'd like a Doug Marcaida or Steve Tarani collab. That'd be cool.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
sal

Post by sal »

We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
wmcilvain

Post by wmcilvain »

I wanna see a H1 with titanium liners that are nested like the delica's but more along the size of the Paramilitary
mark jeneson

Post by mark jeneson »

I think they absolutely nailed it with the upcoming line up: Peter Carey, Michael Burch, Serge Panchenko. i'm psyched as is.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

sal wrote:We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
That actually just made me really excited...
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

sal wrote:We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
Oh. My. Goodness. That would have so many knife knuts (yours truly included) foaming at the mouth to get their hands on one. And now we wait...

Staying true to my sig line I'm thinking a Cruwear Spyder-Strider would be downright amazing.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

sal
Oh ma goodness you guys need to make this happen. Let me change my pants, the excitement got to me... :eek:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal
That's very exciting. I hope this is made a higher priority, seems impossible to not come out with a great knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Large lightweight PPT together with Sacha Thiel.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mark Jeneson,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I've wanted to have several different Farid customs over the years but money always was tight or non existent. I absolutely love the idea of a super steel ( 10V is about as "super" as I need) Farid knife.

All the amazing steels he has tried have caught my attention over the years and made me want one more and more. I'd still love one of his T1 HSS knives ( 18% Tungsten!), like to try D3, am unsure about the Rex 121 monsters, etc.

I don't believe there is a steel that can intimidate Farid. Imagine grinding steel with the Carbide fraction of Rex 121 and an annealed hardness of , was it rc 50? Simply mind boggling some of the things he has done. Farid and Phil Wilson are without doubt my two favorite Custom very high performance steel guys. Phil for thin, functional fixed blades and Farid for Ti/Super steel Folders.

I've been ready.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Nate

Post by Nate »

razorsharp wrote:Oh ma goodness you guys need to make this happen. Let me change my pants, the excitement got to me... :eek:
We need a couple of your double gunner SNG pics over here!
:spyder:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

A Strider/Spyder collab would be most excellent. :D Hope they keep the Strider-style pocket clip on the collab, though. I really dig the short, stubby clip for some reason on the Striders.

Any new Jens Anso collabs in the works? I love my Rock Lobster and will eventually pick up a Zulu too. (Seems like Anso has done several collabs with Boker recently. I much perfer his designs when featured with the Spyderco Round Hole).

How about a collab with Kirby Lambert? I'd love to see this happen.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal