Mr. Glesser, any chance of a SpyderEdge DLC Pacific Salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StangBang

Mr. Glesser, any chance of a SpyderEdge Black Pacific Salt?

Post by StangBang »

Mr. Glesser,

I was just wondering if the Spydercrew has ever given thought to producing a Black Pac Salt with a full SpyderEdge?

I absolutely love the Salt series knives and the Black Pac Salt is a fine knife indeed and I carry mine all the time! I would just love to get a full SE version of it as I find H1 and SE go together so perfectly!

I do understand that you have found the need to phase out most SE models, I am guessing because of lack of sales in comparison to PE models, but I do think the market for SE Salt series knives is still a viable one.

I know I would buy one of these for sure, but was just wondering if it would ever get any consideration by the fine folks in Golden? :spyder:

Thank you for your time, consideration and for your ongoing commitment to your consumers!

Sincerely,
Vic McMullen
Vic
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hey Vic, sounds like a great idea to me!
Come Join Us Click Here
sal

Post by sal »

Hi StangBang,

The black (titanium carbo-nitride) Pacific Salt is made for the Military. They specified plain edge. We also offer it to the public. Haven't had much call for a serrated one.

sal
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Sal,

I love my PE version and recall it was made for the Military, I didn't realize (or forgot) that the coating was titanium carbo-nitride, I thought it was DLC!

Thank you very much for your reply, I will continue to use and love my PE version :D Thank you for making this knife available to civilians for purchase!

Sincerely,
Vic
Vic