Spyders you would like to see in a larger scale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

elena86 wrote:3 inch jester !
this!
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr_Moe

Post by Mr_Moe »

Another vote for the Superleaf. And have to add the UKPK (yes, I know it wouldn't be legal in some places... would be great for Germany though, as we have no size restrictions for folding knives).
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

A larger Assist with H1.
Lost Jaguar

Post by Lost Jaguar »

Bigger Resilience. Current model is a good start. With ambi lock. Waved.
Prepare for Anything, Expect Nothing
Fifteen54

Post by Fifteen54 »

Cricket.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they keep their knives.
JD Spydo

The Cricket already has 2 big Brothers

Post by JD Spydo »

Fifteen54 wrote:Cricket.
We have 2 bigger Crickets :rolleyes: They are called the Matriarch and the Civilian. Really !!! Seriously!! Take a very close look at all 3 of the models and tell me what you think :cool:

I even remember reading something of that ilk in the SPYDERCO STORY book by Kenneth Delavigne.

But if you want a bigger Cricket with the blade having the exact geometric symetry then I can go along with that one as long as I can get a Dodo with a longer/wider blade ;)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Fifteen54

Post by Fifteen54 »

JD Spydo wrote:We have 2 bigger Crickets :rolleyes: They are called the Matriarch and the Civilian. Really !!! Seriously!! Take a very close look at all 3 of the models and tell me what you think :cool:

I even remember reading something of that ilk in the SPYDERCO STORY book by Kenneth Delavigne.

But if you want a bigger Cricket with the blade having the exact geometric symetry then I can go along with that one as long as I can get a Dodo with a longer/wider blade ;)
Yes but those two knives have a very specific purpose. I just want a larger cricket meant for edc, moveable pocket clip, maybe FRN handles...
You can tell a lot about a person by how they keep their knives.
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

buddy54ck wrote: :spyder: :spyder:
How about the Balance!
There seems to be a lot of people withholding on the Balance, because of its size. It's like they are not getting their Moneys worth with this expensive design. Dont get Me wrong, I Love it, though I also feel that it could be scaled up a bit to make it perfect. I have large hands, and scaling it up would help!

JMHO,
Charlie
:D
:spyder: :spyder:
Khukuri is pretty much the bigger version of Balance. Love these knives. :spyder:
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I'm in for a drop point 4" blade, mule please. Also an assisted open 83mm citadel I could carry in the great state of CO. I know thats not a larger scale request, I just wanted to bring it up again. :)
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

All for a Spyderhawk XL with like a 4.5 - 5 inch blade! :) As far as revamping the Salt series...that would be awesome. I'd absolutely love to see the Tasman redone in the style of the byrd Meadowlark Hawkbill..love the choil on that handle, etc....soooo comfortable.
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I'd love to have a bigger Jester. A Delica handle with a jester blade shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I've always been vocal about a Mega Lava :) That would be sweet ! one with possibly a micarta handle !!! :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Lost Jaguar wrote:Bigger Resilience. Current model is a good start. With ambi lock. Waved.
in other words, a folding machette? :D
JD Spydo

An Extra Large Spyderhawk: A Super High Five

Post by JD Spydo »

BDNX wrote:All for a Spyderhawk XL with like a 4.5 - 5 inch blade! :) As far as revamping the Salt series...that would be awesome. I'd absolutely love to see the Tasman redone in the style of the byrd Meadowlark Hawkbill..love the choil on that handle, etc....soooo comfortable.
BDNX>> if I was there I would be giving you a big "HIGH FIVE" :cool: Wow!! what I could and would do with an Extra-Large SPYDERHAWK :cool:

That would also be a great knife to target market to anyone in the commercial fishing, marine or any other type of hard demanding work environment. I would also say to have a marlinspike attached that would fold out from the back side of such a beast.

It's one of those "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT" ideas :spyder: :)
JD Spydo

A BIG spiced up LAVA>> YES Indeed!!

Post by JD Spydo »

ozspyder wrote:I've always been vocal about a Mega Lava :) That would be sweet ! one with possibly a micarta handle !!! :p
That's extremely interesting!! I wonder what Chad (Daywalker) would say to that one. You know the guy that designed the Lava :cool:

I also always wanted a Lava with a G-10 or Micarta handle as well.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

JD I have spoken to Chad a while back about this one and a few other guys as well. Chad was keen and so were many others I spoke to.

I had 2 of my Lavas pimped up by a forum member here in linen micarta I think and both with a low riding wire clip. They made excellent EDC companions. However as many have mentioned the belly was too small and too pronounced for a utility knife. You have to remember it was designed primarily as a SD knife. I have no problems living my current SS Lava :) but I have always hankered for a Lava with polished G10 or micarta scales and about 20% larger or maybe even more. A fellow Aussie also a member here (Th232) did a mockup of the larger Lava and started a thread in here.

A Mega Lava would be most awesome !!! :D

EDIT: Chad's involvement with Boker as a designer may have conflicting interests with Spyderco. For new designs I can see the conflict. A sprint or a enlarged version might be a possibility if we ask nicely and often LOL :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
STAK

Post by STAK »

:spyder: M A N I X . . . . M A N I X . . . .

. . . _ _ _ . . . :spyder:
Th232

Post by Th232 »

ozspyder wrote:A fellow Aussie also a member here (Th232) did a mockup of the larger Lava and started a thread in here.

A Mega Lava would be most awesome !!! :D
What, you mean this thing?

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31678

I hope my balsa wood cutting skills have improved since then...
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.