Not much "meat" over-lap on the lock back?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Post by araneae »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Hey! Would you care for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? ;)
Yes please. What's your favorite Chuck?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

araneae wrote:Yes please. What's your favorite Chuck?
I really like crunchy peanut butter with grape jelly. Yummy!

I'm open to other suggestions though. :D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I know some folks dont like this whole PBJ thing but oh well...

I like natural peanut butter and honey right from the hive (not processed at all).
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

David Lowry wrote:I know some folks dont like this whole PBJ thing but oh well...

I like natural peanut butter and honey right from the hive (not processed at all).
That really sounds delicious.
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

Natural PB is definitely the way to go. And unrefrigerated of course, what's a little stirring now and then. Yum!
vic

Post by vic »

The Deacon wrote:Only if you were doing something that lifted the lockbar while pushing down on the spine of the blade. Can't think of any reasonable uses for a pocket knife that would do that.
i get that but i've seen a video of a ffg endura where the guy was able to get the lock to fail simply by applying a little bit of negative pressure to the blade

i know it's only a folder and not a fixed blade but is is a locking folder and it is a lockback, so it should be more capable (safer) than that imo

can't see the point of a lock if the engagement is so minimal tbh, might as well have a slipjoint and the reduced expectations that come with that
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

salimoneus wrote:Natural PB is definitely the way to go. And unrefrigerated of course, what's a little stirring now and then. Yum!
Yeh, but it gets to a whole 'nother level with the grape jelly. :D
vic

Post by vic »

talking about peanut butter somehow an acceptable form of postwhoring on here?

unfunny and annoying but effective for your post counts i suppose if that's what you want

surprising that the mods/admin tolerate it
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

vic wrote:talking about peanut butter somehow an acceptable form of postwhoring on here?

unfunny and annoying but effective for your post counts i suppose if that's what you want

surprising that the mods/admin tolerate it
If a topic gets out of hand, discuss peanut butter and jelly, it always lightens the mood :D :D :p
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Personally, I don't like a lot of overlap between my PB and my Jelly. That way, it's like I have two sandwiches in one.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
vic

Post by vic »

razorsharp wrote:If a topic gets out of hand, discuss peanut butter and jelly, it always lightens the mood :D :D :p
out of hand=any criticism of spyderco i guess, that's when the peanut butter bs always starts

it doesn't lighten my mood, better a thread be locked than having a bunch of douchebags meme up their post counts by acting like little kids i reckon
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Never really been one for PB & Jelly.... more of a Peanut butter & honey guy..or then sometimes maybe syrup ;)
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jezabel wrote:Never really been one for PB & Jelly.... more of a Peanut butter & honey guy..or then sometimes maybe syrup ;)
I kinda like syrup on pancakes. :D
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

With my PBJ sandwiches, I tend to add extra peanut butter. that way it evens out and isnt TOO sweet. Pancakes, oh god, dont get me started (drools)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

razorsharp wrote:With my PBJ sandwiches, I tend to add extra peanut butter. that way it evens out and isnt TOO sweet. Pancakes, oh god, dont get me started (drools)
I like pancakes that are really thin. Salty butter and syrup on it. Dang! I dunno which I prefer more. :D

Don't get me started on biscuits though.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

Refrigerated peanut butter is too congealed and it rips the bread. I like soft white bread ( like Sunbeam or Wonder) for my PB&J.

This is kinda fun :)
araneae

Post by araneae »

I had some pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's last year. I hope it comes back this season. Tasty stuff.

Lighten up vic.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

Have used Spyderco from 1981 and never had a problem that couldnt have been taken care of. Collected and used knives since 1958, and have used blades that have been sharpened to 1/2 inch of material left. To me, there is no better cutlery than Spyderco, at any price for my personal use. To each his own. That is a senior persons personal opinion. AMEN!
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Joe.

It's interesting to note that someone posts a picture of a lock that appears to be unsafe. No indication if that is typical. Of all of the pictures that have been posted on our locks, someone selected that one that could be perceived as questionable and presents it as typical. Then that picture is circulated in all the forums.

We have a pretty good reputation for safe, reliable locks. We certainly try hard to make them so. I'm probably just being paranoid, but sometimes it seems like there are folks out there that go out of their way to try to make Spyderco look bad. :confused:

sal
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I guess when I start reading about all the Spyderco lockbacks failing during regular use, I'll start being concerned. Until then, will I worry about them? Not so much... :spyder:
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience