Sheath for Mules ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wquiles

Sheath for Mules ...

Post by wquiles »

I have a couple of Mules, and I got some Halpern Titanium scales for them (Type 4), so I needed a good, quality sheath for my mules. Through various searches I came upon Scott Gere, so I contacted him. Today I got the two sheaths back, and I am really happy with his work - definitely first class:

(sorry this one photo came a tad dark):

closeup:

Here with the Spyderco clip:

Opening with the thumb is really easy - you don't have to pull/yank the knife out:

I am not associated with Scott in any way - just a happy customer. If anyone else is interested, here is the contact information for Scott:

Will
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Scott does the best work I have seen for the mules by far. I have had kydex made for mules by a few others around and none have compared.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
shotcaller88

Post by shotcaller88 »

I'm in the market for 2 kydex sheaths for mules with Halpern Option 1 & Option 4. Would you mind sharing the cost?

I was planning to order from the site below, but you may have convinced me otherwise.
http://sites.google.com/site/bayoucustomsheaths/home
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

shotcaller88 wrote:I'm in the market for 2 kydex sheaths for mules with Halpern Option 1 & Option 4. Would you mind sharing the cost?

I was planning to order from the site below, but you may have convinced me otherwise.
http://sites.google.com/site/bayoucustomsheaths/home
I ordered two sheaths from the same Option 4 knife I sent him, without the Spyderco clip (since I had them already), and it was $20 each, plus shipping back to me. To be honest, even at $30/each, I still feel it would have been a bargain ;)

Will
sal

Post by sal »

Christina Gere makes all of Spyderco's Kydex/Boltaron sheaths. The "Thumb-Push-Off" feature (TPO) was created by Spyderco and is a regular feature of their sheaths.

sal
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Hmm...Sounds like a nice sheath. I currently have hands on a Perrin sheath, so I can attest that the quality is top notch.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Lovely sheath, thanks for showing us. I'm going to write to the Gere's straight away and see if I can get myself one like yours!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Dang that's awesome! Thanks for the gold nugget of info Sal :) . Can't get closer to OEM than that huh?
itora

Sheath for Mules...

Post by itora »

Just wanted to say I contacted SheathPro, Christina Gere and ordered two Boltaron sheaths for my M390 mules. The turnaround time was very quick and the quality of her sheaths are top notched. Sal mentioned that Christina makes all of Spyderco's Boltaron sheaths, that's all I needed to give her a call. If you're looking for a mule sheath, look no further. As close to OEM as it gets. A very happy camper. Highly recommend! :spyder:

SheathPro, Inc
Christina Gere
753 Yank St.
Lakewood, CO 80401
(303) 886-0834
racer88

Post by racer88 »

itora wrote:Just wanted to say I contacted SheathPro, Christina Gere and ordered two Boltaron sheaths for my M390 mules. The turnaround time was very quick and the quality of her sheaths are top notched. Sal mentioned that Christina makes all of Spyderco's Boltaron sheaths, that's all I needed to give her a call. If you're looking for a mule sheath, look no further. As close to OEM as it gets. A very happy camper. Highly recommend! :spyder:

SheathPro, Inc
Christina Gere
753 Yank St.
Lakewood, CO 80401
(303) 886-0834
No website that I can find. Christina needs a website! :)
itora

Post by itora »

Racer88, you can always get in touch with Christina via her email address:

sheathpro@aol.com

Should have included it above. She'll respond back quickly. Thanks.
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

It is much easier to get hold of them by simply calling them on the phone (listed in the brochure).

At any rate, Scott just finished making me another custom sheath for my "shorty" mule:

Will
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Just want to put in another plug for Scott's work. Here are some pictures of the sheath he made for me:

I mailed my knife to Scott on 2/18 and got it back with the sheath completed on 2/25 (and that was with 2/20 being a national holiday)! I'm very pleased with Scott's work. He was also very friendly whenever I talked to him on the phone.
fernny1

Post by fernny1 »

I am awaiting sheath for my k390 mule. Can hardly wait.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Good choice. You won't be dissapointed. They make a great sheath

fernny1

Post by fernny1 »

jtoler_9 wrote:Good choice. You won't be dissapointed. They make a great sheath

It has me questioning folders, we will see.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

+1 on Christina's work, demeanor and service. I will be ordering two more sheaths in the future based on the excellent sheaths I have already recieved.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Should I be concerned about corrosion issues if I use a leather sheath with the K390 mule?
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

senorsquare wrote:Should I be concerned about corrosion issues if I use a leather sheath with the K390 mule?
I've purchased several knives that came with leather sheaths, but recommended not storing the knife in the sheath long term (they were O1 steel). I'd guess (no warranty from me :) ) you should be OK if you oil it or wipe it down with Tuff Glide, and use the sheath for carry, but take it out of the sheath for storage. That said, I'm planning on kydex for mine.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

SheathPro, Christina and Scott, are perfect to deal with. Great product. Great, fast service. Highly recommended. My MT17P looks just as I want it to.
Mike