millitary 2 ?@?@?!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Not in the palm, but when pushing down with the thumb in a saber grip.
Doesn't your thumb fall on the thumb ramp? It seems like in order to have your thumb on the compression lock cutout, you'd either need really tiny hands, or a very cramped saber grip. I like to stretch my thumb out in saber grip (in fact, I often place it flat along the spine of the blade rather than on the ramp). That's usually a more secure saber grip as well.
BAL

Post by BAL »

TheNeedyCat wrote:i have found a link for the patent of the so called "stop lock" http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6918184.html could this possibly be for the millie 2? i hope so :spyder: :spyder: :)
Nice investigative work there NeedyCat. You need to keep researching and then let me know when I can make an order for the Millie 2.
FlaMtnBkr

Post by FlaMtnBkr »

The Mentaculous wrote:Doesn't your thumb fall on the thumb ramp? It seems like in order to have your thumb on the compression lock cutout, you'd either need really tiny hands, or a very cramped saber grip. I like to stretch my thumb out in saber grip (in fact, I often place it flat along the spine of the blade rather than on the ramp). That's usually a more secure saber grip as well.
This. If I am using the choil then my thumb rests on the thumb ramp. If not using the choil then my thumb rest on the small amount of jimping in that area that's on the liners. Even if I have my pinky off the knife so that my thumb is touching the compression lock, I can squeeze very hard and the lock just isn't that uncomfortable.

Unless you have very little hands and hyper sensitive pain receptors, I just don't see it as an issue. But I guess everyone is different.