rit dye?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
casey1

rit dye?

Post by casey1 »

does it change the texture of the g-10/frn feel at all? also, if you dye a scale, does it ruin tolerances say for something like the sage 3?
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

cant say for g10 but i did a delica last night and it does not change the texture.
Spydies: edc forum manix 2
stag arms manix 2, endura 4,delica 4, ffg e4, para 2
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

done quite a bit of this myself. the answer is no to all of your questions. just make sure to monitor while you dye or it will turn out black...
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
casey1

Post by casey1 »

i would actually like it to turn out black :) i would like a sage 3 if it weren't blue. thanks
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

very easy. get some black rit dye powder (have had better results with this than the liquid), boil some water, throw some salt and the powder in there, leave scales in as long as desired, take out, scrub with some dishsoap and a toothbrush, let dry. That's all you have to do...black is the easiest color to do...
good luck!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

In my experiences, it works much better on FRN than it does on G10. I'm not sure what works best on G10 :confused:
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug