Spyderco Adventura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Unlimitedx

Spyderco Adventura

Post by Unlimitedx »

Any thoughts if this oddity may be worth something in the future? Someone on eBay has one listed for $265, or some crazy amount close to that. Seems a bit premature, they can still be found online.
:spyder: Hello, my name is Bill, I'm a Spyderco addict.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

As a collector I don't know. People probably wouldn't have said that about the Dodo or Yojimbo back in the day either.

For the longest time, YEARS after it being discontinued, you could buy it all day for $60-70. I bought mine for a user and it excels. Very thin, light, and the blade shape is amazing for cutting.

I highly recommend one as a user for that $80-100 range. For $265 I don't know... :o
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It's on Amazon for $100, so I would say the seller is just hoping to get some sucker reeled in.
On the hunt for...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If it's a 2005 Spyderco Forum Adventura, then it might be worth that to a collector who needed one to complete or add to a set they were working on. Otherwise, I'd agree that $265, or anywhere near it, is unrealistic.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

The adventura is one of those knives that I always keep an eye out for when a nice deal comes alone.

Would love to try it!
Come Join Us Click Here
unit

Post by unit »

You know what they say about value...it is what the guy will pay.

The Adventura is among my favorite knives. It is a very interesting design.

I bet there is a person (possibly two) that would pay close to 300 for one...but the vast majority will pay much less ;)
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I wouldn't do it, looks to me like a very high price. I payed $160 4 month ago for this NIB Spyderco 2005 Forum Adventura!!

Keep looking there are better deals out there ;) .
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Adventura is great knife. I used to EDC one. I like everything about it except SS handle, even with cutout it can be slippery. Still $265 is too much, but $100 on Amazon I consider a very good deal.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Unlimitedx

Post by Unlimitedx »

Yeah, saw them on Amazon, went ahead and ordered one for $100. I'll just hide it in the back of the safe for a year or so and see what I can get for it. It's one of the few spydies that I never really liked for myself.
CXXX

Adventura

Post by CXXX »

amazon has 1 left thx
Unlimitedx

Post by Unlimitedx »

Yeah, about that. Mine has yet to ship, with a "shipping soon" status.
I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a disappointment? I'll give it another day or so and email the company. they do have a good rating on amazon
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sweeeeeet knife, stuuuuuupid price.

Post by 224477 »

I will drop in mine, its an amazing knife :cool:

"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
raven

Post by raven »

Here's an older pic of mine (not a forum model though) ...Well Used and Loved ;) . The Adventura is one of my all time favorites. That model was a constant companion for quite a few years and saw a lot of use while On-Duty. I might have to break it out and EDC it for a bit :) . BTW, It is one Tough Folder (Thanks Again for the Design DIALEX) :cool: . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always...

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
JD Spydo

ADVENTURA: Dialex design?

Post by JD Spydo »

I believe that the Adventura and the Spyker and the Kris were Spyderco's intro into the recurve sector of the market. If I remember correctly I believe that our good brother "Dialex" designed that knife for Spyderco.

The stainless handle is about the only thing I didn't really like about the Adventura. If that knife had a G-10 or Micarta handle I would probably still have mine.

It's like brother UNIT said>> "it's worth what someone will pay for it"

If someone wants one bad enough they will pay it.

I sold one of my C-46 Lum Tanto folders for over $300 so I guess anything is possible.

It was a most interesting design for sure :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
raven

Post by raven »

JD Spydo wrote:The stainless handle is about the only thing I didn't really like about the Adventura. If that knife had a G-10 or Micarta handle I would probably still have mine.
I believe there is Only One Adventura in existence that had a custom Carbon Fiber Handle. It's owned by DAYWALKER ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
CXXX

Shipping Soon

Post by CXXX »

Unlimitedx wrote:Yeah, about that. Mine has yet to ship, with a "shipping soon" status.
I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a disappointment? I'll give it another day or so and email the company. they do have a good rating on amazon
Mine still shows "Shipping Soon" and Fullfilled by Amazon?? :confused:
Unlimitedx

Post by Unlimitedx »

:D Updated today to shipped, so it looks like the real thing.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thank you for your interest and support.
I hope you'll enjoy the knife, the Adventura became pretty scarce nowadays.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
dialex

Post by dialex »

raven wrote:Here's an older pic of mine (not a forum model though) ...Well Used and Loved ;) . The Adventura is one of my all time favorites. That model was a constant companion for quite a few years and saw a lot of use while On-Duty. I might have to break it out and EDC it for a bit :) . BTW, It is one Tough Folder (Thanks Again for the Design DIALEX) :cool: . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always...

-raven-
Hi Gil. You suddently made me want to take out my Adventura and take it at work tomorrow :D God bless bro :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.