2000th post contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I like Spyderco knives because they are a great value and offer innovative designs and materials.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Bradley

Post by Bradley »

1081 I like Spyderco Because they provide quality products for affordable prices.
I like the forums because people like me (uneducated) can get help from all the extremely educated people here.

Thanks Jazz!
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

I think (IMHO) Spyderco creates 'things' that approach best my entire way of being and living. The products are between the for me (so beloved) zen-way and the perfect toy/tool. Honest, transparent, high standard and loads of simplicity. After all a knife is one of man's oldest tools. On one a Spyderco side may be treated as a tool and on the other side being deployed in the most harsh environments.

(Do you see any differences between a knife and a Spydie? I DO...)

T.
Tom
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Enjoy Spyderco because IMO they make the best quality production knives, utilizing the best materials, for the price :) Ergonomics are always very good from the Balance thru Temp2. I've found a quality producer with integrity :)

Enjoy the forum because talented folks such as yourself Jazz, come here also. It's a great place to learn and hopefully share what I've learned.

Thanks for the chance, the claws look very nice :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

For me, Spyderco knives are industrial art that happen to be excellent cutting tools delivered by a company that I respect.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I not only like the knives for the wonderful, functional pieces of art they are, I also like the people. (That would be you hooligans :D )
spyderfan123

Post by spyderfan123 »

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I love Spyderco because Sal is a good man and takes care of his customers.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

#1018. I love this place because it allows people who share the same passion to openly discuss without being judged by all the non-knife pc people of the world. I also love spydies because of their quality and performance metrics. It's also a huge bonus to be able to converse directly with the owner and founder of the company, the S man himself!

Cool contest man, thanks!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I like Spyderco because the quality of their people, and the way they do business matches that quality of their knives.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

I like Spyderco knives because of the quality, innovation and affordability. I also like the company and the man at the top!

I like this forum for the chance to learn and share. Great people here.

Thanks for the opportunity.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

I like spyderco because of the superior materials used, the attention to detail, and the involvement of Sal with all of us in the forum. I love the current steels being used, and I love the fact that spyderco will make knife blanks using those steels! I say we need more knife blanks!

Thanks Jazz, take care everyone!
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Thanks for doing the giveaway! I'll have to take #375. As for why i like spyderco, because I live 40 km north of Golden, and how the company treats their customers. I love coming to this forum because it's always nice to talk about knives. Most of the people i know think I'm crazy for owning more then one, let alone talking about them...
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

1358 (a favorite number)
I LOVE spyderco because- They have amazing Quality control, they're the first to try steels no other company would dare to try, they have knives for the not so wealthy through to the knife knut kollectors (uh?! lol) They have the best most comfortable opening mechanism, their knifes glide open, they have a forum full of knowledge and they're just plain addicting.'

(I knew cluster would pick that number XD- inside joke)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Thanks Jazz! I like Spyderco for exactly what those pendants are made out of... H1 steel. I have tried to pursue other knife companies but always end up coming right back and buying for Spydies instead. I enjoy many of Spyderco's products but living right next to the ocean makes me truly appreciate H1.

EDIT: Had to edit because I didn't catch the part about why you like the forum. (Was hesitant to edit at first because delicafreak picked the same number after me) Anyways I love the forum as well because it is full of helpful, friendly and mature people. I've always felt right at home here and am truly appreciative of all the help I have gotten here.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

I like spyderco because they make a great product for a decent cost, and they have excellent quality. And I like this forum because everyone on here is very nice and helpful.
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I like Spyderco for many reasons. The main reason is the quality of their products. The forums are a great place to get views etc from many other people with the same interest. Thanks!
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I like Spyderco's knives because they have consistently been the sharpest, most reliable, and most comfortable knives on the market for me. I like the forum because of the people... even at our worst, this is the best place on the net :) .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I like spyderco because they have good value, and more importantly, the best quality for the amount of money you're paying. And they look unique.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

First Spyderco I ever saw was a Military my friend had. Immediately my view of what a knife could look like was shattered. The quality blew me away. I had never seen g10 before. I had no idea what all was out there. It took me a while to catch the bug, but once I bought a Tenacious (out of necessity of a new knife) I was hooked. I couldn't stop flipping through catalogues drooling over everything. All the unique looks grew on me. Now most knifes that aren't spyderco look boring to me. The quality of materials and fit and finish of a knife in the price range of :spyder: is unsurpassed. The development and imagination behind the designs is awesome. This forum is full of awesome people. The crew in Golden has to be the most down to Earth nice people who care about their customers. SAL HIMSELF reads these things and comments on them and fully backs his products and wants customer feedback first hand. You NEVER see that ANYWHERE anymore. That is why I love spyderco. The love that goes into everything about them. I can't quit buying them and that's ok because I love where my money is going. Any company that cares about my satisfaction as much as this one does will always come first.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria