Clip "Danglers"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
enduraguy

Clip "Danglers"

Post by enduraguy »

I'm sure many if not most of us have seen someone at some point who carries their knife this way. They literally clip the knife to their pocket so it hangs outside of the pocket by the clip. You just want to tell them they're doing it wrong. At least they're trying right? :D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

LOL. A guy I work with does this. I think it's funny. He thinks it's too uncomfortable to carry in the pocket.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Most of the guys I've seen doing this have those cheap folding box cutters with replaceable blades. Or cheap chinese pot-metal knives they picked up at a gun show for $4.99.

TedP
uncleknife

Post by uncleknife »

I used to see it in movies, where they didn't wan't you to miss catching they were carying knife.

One example is the girl in "fast & furious" when they got out of their cars at the garage.

Maybe that's where they get the idea???
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

People were doing that before F&F, I recall there's even a section in Kershaw's manual that says don't do it.
r small

Post by r small »

Looks like a good way to lose a knife.
jcullen

Post by jcullen »

Covers your *** on carrying a "concealed" weapon.......
uncleknife

1980's was the first I saw one

Post by uncleknife »

The first movie, I saw that was in in the movie "Against all odds".
I think it was the bad guy, walking through an outdoor market, when I saw that & laughed.,but how else was a movie to make the point that the guy had a pocket knife?

Back then, the general population wasn't used to seeing a pocket knife with a clip.

Way to go SAL, you are a genius!!!

Clips & serrations, and the opening hole. The trifecta of knives!!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Can't say I've ever seen that. Has to increase the risks of loss and damage exponentially. Did see one guy with a knife clipped to this belt that way. That made a bit more sense, but not much.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Saw one yesterday on the hip of a hipster at a NYC coffe shop. Great to see someone carrying a knife in this town, even if he was doing it backwards.
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

I don't remember the name of the show on SPIKE but it is some storage unit show. It has a skinny dude and a big bald dude with tatoos on his head. But both of them always rock spydercos from orange millies to yellow Spyderhawk Salts and various other ones. Needless to say they always let them hangout of their front pockets just dangling away till they cut open a box.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I think they look like idiots showing off their knives and how tough they are, or whatever. Also, someone probably never showed them the proper carry method of the clip. I saw one guy with one on each side on his belt - I'm sorry, but I just wanted to slap him upside the head. :rolleyes:

- best wishes, Jazz.
TheNeedyCat

Post by TheNeedyCat »

i like carrying inside the waistband sometimes but that is too far makes you a target for cops too
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

r small wrote:Looks like a good way to lose a knife.
Really. I've had a knife with a clip that wasn't real tight get pulled out of my pocket with the knife inside the pocket. Being outside the pocket, I think it's just a matter time before it's gone.

Jack