How do you carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How do you carry?

Always clipped to a front pocket
58%
Sometimes clipped, sometimes loose
17%
Always loose in my pocket
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 132

ViperGTS

How do you carry?

Post by ViperGTS »

Just curious how most here carry their knives :spyder:

While clipped to a front pocket seems easiest, many times I dont like advertising the fact that I have a knife on me :eek:

How many always keep one loose buried in their pocket? Is it with your keys? Any pros or cons?, seems like it may be easier to lose that way though..

Just curious, thanks guys
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I carry clipped but I don't usually tuck my t-shirt in, so my knives are concealed from view.
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

always loose in my pocket . greeetzzz
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

The utility folder (Delica, Urban, UKPK, DragonFlay, some of this size) clipped to right front pocket, the SD-Folder (Waved or Ghetto-Waved Endura or some sort of Hawkbill-Spyder) clipped to left back pocket.

This way I can reach with both hands for a balde and the strong hand is free to fight for the knife (if heaven forbid I have to).

Easy and fast access is key in my oppinion... YMMV ;-)
Si vis pacem parabellum
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

My edc, a spin is always clipped in my watch pocket but when I take an other knife, is sometimes loose sometimes clipped, depending of the knife.
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

loose or clipped. Some like the MW or the N4 are usually in my coin pocket of my jeans, the Manix 2 I always carry stuffed in my back right pocket and everything else is 95% clipped.
On the hunt for...
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

SAK on keychain (maybe a ladybug soon...), endura/manix2 clipped to right front pocket, then usually a smaller knife or a larger SAK loose in pocket... but if I go out with only one knife... always clipped front pocket
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

On weekdays I usually carry a Dragonfly clipped or loose in my jeans coin pocket, and on weekends a Para 2 clipped to my right front pocket.

I always carry a lanyard with a Preon Revo, alox SAK Rambler and small pry bar clipped to left front pocket.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Voted "always loose", but the truth is more like "almost always loose" as there have been several occasions lately where I found IWB clipped carry more convenient.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

One clipped to the front pocket, the other one to the back
ranger51

Post by ranger51 »

I carry one in each of my front pockets, one in the waistband, and another loose in my left front pocket. If I am carrying my Randall, it's on my belt on the right side, or hanging under my left arm in a custom rig.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I always use the clip. The bottoms of my pockets already have stuff. Keys in the right, Leatherman Juice in the left. Before Spyderco, my SAK fought it out with other bottom-dwellers and eventually lost its gripiness and logo...

Although left-handed, I clip my knife in my right-front pocket so the blade safely faces rearward tight against my pants seam.

I have come to prefer non-G10 in my pocket, even though I love it in my hand...
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Dragonfly in the front pocket, rescue in the back pocket.
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

Either clipped in my back pocket for larger folders or loose in my front pocket for smaller folders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mdsmith

Post by mdsmith »

Almost always clipped in my front left pocket. Today I'm trying a ladybug and Maratac AAA light one a small keyring loose in my front left pocket.
--Matt--
r small

Post by r small »

Dragonfly: deep pocket, coin pocket, or IWB. Delica: deep pocket, or IWB.
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

ViperGTS wrote:Just curious how most here carry their knives :spyder:

How many always keep one loose buried in their pocket? Is it with your keys? Any pros or cons?, seems like it may be easier to lose that way though..

Just curious, thanks guys
RFP... nothing else goes in there. Haven't lost one in 55 years.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Random Chance

Post by Random Chance »

I generally carry a smaller knife clipped (tip up, blade facing the rear of the pocket) and a larger knife loose in the pocket. That way I can quickly grab the smaller one for quick cutting chores (opening packages, mail, etc.) but if I need to do some bigger work (breaking down boxes, cutting banding, killing zombies, etc.) I have that available as well without restricting access to the pocket.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

The poll didn't allow selecting multiple options :D .

I nearly always have a Ladybug or two in my left front pocket. Since my dress code at work requires me to wear slacks and and keep my shirt tucked in 4 days a week and a "no dangerous weapons" policy, I always have my CF Caly 3 tucked in my waistband at about 4:00 position, it rides low and the clip is mostly covered with my belt. I usually rotate a dragonfly or other medium-small knife in my right front pocket, and a larger knife tucked down in my right rear pocket. When away from work and doing tasks where I might need frequent access to my knife, I'll usually clip them to my pocket instead of leaving them buried deep.

I just need more pockets!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

On weekdays, I wear a suit, so I always carry a small Spydie clipless in my pocket. On most of my smaller knives I've removed the clips from them and added a short paracord fob and bead like the one in my sig line.

On weekends, I wear a lot of cargo pants and cargo shorts, which have an abundance of flap-covered pockets. I usually clip a larger Spydie inside a dedicated pocket and then cover the clip with the pocket flap. Less noticeable that way. I don't want to tempt our local law enforcement personnel to ask questions...

I live in the Virginia suburbs of DC. There must be at least 35 different kinds of law enforcement officers in this area (e.g., County police, local sheriffs, State HP, Capitol Police, Park Police, CBP Field Operations, Border Patrol, BLM Rangers, Pentagon Force Protection Police, Secret Service Agents...and the list goes on and on...)

In addition, it is very hard to discern when you are passing between areas of jurisdiction around here. For instance, if you turn off a local road and onto the George Washington Parkway in Virginia, this is classified as a "U.S. Government Federal Reservation" and is therefore governed by Federal laws and policed by U.S. Park Police. If you forget to take off your legal-in-Virginia concealed carry weapon, you are suddenly violating Federal law - just by turning a corner in your car.

That's why I don't mess with clips much any more...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185