How do you carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How do you carry?

Always clipped to a front pocket
58%
Sometimes clipped, sometimes loose
17%
Always loose in my pocket
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 132

speedcut

In pocket carry

Post by speedcut »

I carry clipless in my right front pocket reserved only for the knife and nothing else.....

1. because i don' t want to advertise the :spyder: knife and

2.clipless because i find it much more ergonomic without the clip...
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Why didn't you leave a slot for IWB? Many people do. :confused: :confused:
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

gull wing wrote:Why didn't you leave a slot for IWB? Many people do. :confused: :confused:

i did. i called it 'other'
razorback1595

Post by razorback1595 »

right now my military rides in the waistband and caly in front pocket
Pim

:D:spyder:
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

clipped to my wallet, which is clipped to my front pocket (civilian labs), which also has a four sevens preon 1 clipped to it... then deep in the same pocket rides my blackberry. The other pocket is full of Sig Sauer...
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

In my work clothes, I have one clipped in each rear pocket but the type of pants I wear they are more on the sides of my legs. Plus a traditional loose in right front pocket.

Civilian clothes, I carry one, non-dominant hand side, IWB plus a traditional in right front pocket.
:spyder:
Dan
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

IWB. Right side.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Virg

Post by Virg »

When I'm off duty mine is always clipped in my right front pocket being I'm right handed. When I'm on duty I carry an auto clipped in my left back pocket.
juggler

Post by juggler »

Removing the clip is the first thing I do when I get a new knife.

So... loose (left front pocket) for me, except for my Ladybug which is attached to my keyring.
wvguy8258

Post by wvguy8258 »

Clipped unless I'm at work or at the mall, etc; then loose in pocket.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Almost always carry two : :spyder: s, if I'm carrying a firearm (which I usually am), I carry an Endura or Delica in my right front pocket, with a Tasman Salt or Matriarch clipped to my left front pocket. No firearm I carry the Endura or the Matriarch clipped to the right front pocket, with the Tasman or the Delica loose in the left front.

I also almost always carry a Kabar TDI on my weak side.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I do my best to have a Spyderco clipped to every pocket. :)
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Waco

Post by Waco »

Clipped in front pocket daily. I'm lucky to live in a knife-friendly area and work in a casual office where jeans are OK.

I see some posts claiming to clip in the back pocket. Wouldn't that be more likely to snag on something?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I carry em anyway I can...all 15 of them....all at the same time...everyday...+ or - five others.....So I voted other.... ;) Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

I used to carry a SAK or a Case loose in pocket before I bought my Caly Micarta 12 years ago. I always ment to take the clip off but never got around to doing it. Now I carry a GB M4 in RFP clipped, Salt 1 LFP Clipped, and a Green Ladybug on my truck key which I usually stick the key in my shirt pocket and leave the lady bug dangling outside of the pocket. Any coins go into LFP since the GB is open and I used to have things dinging my edge when I used to carry an ATR.

I have to figure something better out for my Truck key since the last time I was taking pictures of the sunset at the beach after work I slipped, as I was catching my balance my camera bag shifted, the strap caught key and sent them flying. I didn't notice at first and had to back track a couple hundred yards. I walked around for 30 minutes, right when the sun was disappearing over the horizon I made a call to try to get a ride to get my other set of keys, as my friend answered I saw it on the ground 2 steps infront of me. It's bad being color deficient looking for green and black against brown leaves.

Kev.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Voted "always loose" … not real big on "printing", and I've heard more than one "lost my knife 'cause the clip got hung on something" story … so I remove the clips, attach a small paracord lanyard, and ...

Weekdays in a suit every day - Kopa or Kiwi in front right, all by itself - CF Caly 3 or Native in back right, also by itself (don't like to scratch 'em up).

Weekends and evenings in cargo shorts, jeans, etc … Either PPT or Native in front right, SuperLeaf or PM2 in back right. Sometimes I will drop my G-10 D-Fly in a watch pocket or small cargo pocket as well. If in something dressier like khakis, the CF Caly 3 replaces the back pocket knife.

(When I do carry IWB it's a Ruger SP101 or my ParaOrdnance LTC).

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

- IWB
- RBP
- RFCP (C=cargo if my pants have 'em)
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

Three clipped one loose in a pocket minimum edc.
Tripwire

Post by Tripwire »

When at work I carry my Endura 4 clipped in my left front pocket and occasionally one of my two Tasmans (one PE one SE) in my back left pocket. Wearing coveralls in the Navy allows for rather large knives to be carried comfortably.

Now when I am off the ship in the States, it is usually my Endura (only one I had before deployment). Carried my Ambitious out on liberty loose in my pocket (didn't want to advertise) along with a Ka-bar Remora neck knife. However, now that I have both the Grasshopper and Squeak those will replace the Ambitious and Remora as they are non-locking and not fixed blades.

Although at this moment my Endura sits on the desk as I type with my Squeak and my Delica 4 clipped to my back left and front right pockets, respectively (Just got them yesterday, I love new knives).
My :spyder:'s- CE FRN Endura 4, PE Tasman Salt, SE Tasman Salt, PE Ambitious, PE Grasshopper, PE FRN Delica 4, PE Squeak, Bob T SLIPIT, Lum Chinese GF Nishijin, Endura 4 Trainer, Native SE Lightweight, Delica 4 Trainer, Poliwog, UKPK PESF Maroon FRN.

Wishlist: Matriarch2, Manix2, Pacific Salt Black, Spyderhawk, Manbug, Chaparral, Yojimbo2, Kiwi Stag, Native 5, Starmate (either an original or a newly released one-whenever it comes out).
TCRooster

Post by TCRooster »

I carry a smaller Spyderco knife (e.g., Dragonfly or Kiwi) clipless from 7:30 - 4:00 while at work. After hours and on weekends I carry a bigger Spyderco knife clipped inside either RFP or LFP.