Any news on the Yojimbo 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KBar666

Any news on the Yojimbo 2?

Post by KBar666 »

So is there any news on how close this is to release?

Defenitley one of my most anticipated knives,
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

ther's a yojimbo 2 coming out?
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Mr Blonde wrote:The Yojimbo 2 is hefty and stout interpretation of the whanrcliffe folder. It’s light but felt very solid in the hand. I love the melted edges on the handle. I just thought that it’s almost a pity that I don’t have a real need for an MBC folder when Sal talked about how the Yojimbo 2 (as opposed to the Yojimbo 1) would also make a good EDC folder.

The G10 handle is shorter than the first Yojimbo, but still long enough for my hands. In the closed position I could still use the knife as an impact weapon. The opening action was fast and slick and my hand almost automatically slipped into Janich’s preferred grip with the thumb resting on the spine. I am curious why the divot hole was abandoned. The first Yojimbo had it and I liked that feature.

The blade seemed a bit thicker than on the Yojimbo 1, but this blade still seemed more than sharp enough to perform its task. Even though I kind of abandoned MBC knife for my personal EDC, I’m tempted to get this one.

Yep, here's the (awesome) pics Mr. Blonde took in Amsterdam... I for one can't wait.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That's a definite buy for me as soon as i can get my hands on one. I might even buy two.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

Evil D wrote:That's a definite buy for me as soon as i can get my hands on one. I might even buy two.
Same here, they said q4 2011 and thats pretty much here so I'd like to know if this is still being released any time soon.
cevtv

Post by cevtv »

I heard that it got pushed back a month....so November-ish.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MAN do i want this knife...i was doing good for a while until this thread LOL
~David
jackburton9807

Post by jackburton9807 »

Yeah, I heard end of Oct, early, Nov. Looks like it'll be reasonably priced as well.

Jeff
sal

Post by sal »

I've been traveling so I haven't seen the schedule and I think Mike is traveling now, though he may know. It's a nice piece, a really great design very well executed. Me? biased? never. :rolleyes:

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Thanks for the update Sal, i think i'm looking forward to this knife more than any that i've bought before it which says a lot because i was itching for a Para 2 ever since it was rumored about.

Is it too soon to ask for sprint run details? This puppy is begging for S90V and carbon fiber :D
~David
sal

Post by sal »

That would be up to Eric and Kelly (Sales manager).

sal
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Our U.S. production scheduling is very dynamic--especially in response to military orders and large-scale orders from federal agencies. Those dynamics bumped the production of the Yo2 from the Sep-Oct window to the Oct-Nov window.

Thanks for your continued interest. I'm confident the final product will be worth the wait.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

Michael Janich wrote:Our U.S. production scheduling is very dynamic--especially in response to military orders and large-scale orders from federal agencies. Those dynamics bumped the production of the Yo2 from the Sep-Oct window to the Oct-Nov window.

Thanks for your continued interest. I'm confident the final product will be worth the wait.

Stay safe,

Mike
Wow I'm kinda new to this forum, very impressed that Mike Janich himself would answer. Spyderco and the people involved continue to impress me.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

KBar666 wrote:Wow I'm kinda new to this forum, very impressed that Mike Janich himself would answer. Spyderco and the people involved continue to impress me.
These guys don't eff around :D
~David
Tripwire

Post by Tripwire »

+1 to what was just said about the most knowns of the knife world being here.
My :spyder:'s- CE FRN Endura 4, PE Tasman Salt, SE Tasman Salt, PE Ambitious, PE Grasshopper, PE FRN Delica 4, PE Squeak, Bob T SLIPIT, Lum Chinese GF Nishijin, Endura 4 Trainer, Native SE Lightweight, Delica 4 Trainer, Poliwog, UKPK PESF Maroon FRN.

Wishlist: Matriarch2, Manix2, Pacific Salt Black, Spyderhawk, Manbug, Chaparral, Yojimbo2, Kiwi Stag, Native 5, Starmate (either an original or a newly released one-whenever it comes out).
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Sooooooo stoked for this knife to come out. :D
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
BAL

Post by BAL »

KBar666 wrote:Wow I'm kinda new to this forum, very impressed that Mike Janich himself would answer. Spyderco and the people involved continue to impress me.
Yea, and the Sal above is Sal Glesser, Founder and President of Spyderco. A very class organization.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Michael Janich wrote:Our U.S. production scheduling is very dynamic--especially in response to military orders and large-scale orders from federal agencies. Those dynamics bumped the production of the Yo2 from the Sep-Oct window to the Oct-Nov window.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thanks Mike for the update.

Can't wait 'til I can get my hands on one of these.
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

BAL wrote:Yea, and the Sal above is Sal Glesser, Founder and President of Spyderco. A very class organization.
Good to know. Anyhow thanks to Mike Janich for the update and I'll continue waiting for this knife.
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

to Mike and Sal, is it confirmed that it will be black g10? I sure would love to see some more color in new models.