Newest Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Newest Spyderco

Post by jackknifeh »

There is a "First Spyderco" thread working now. Here is one for the most recent acquisition. Include why you like it, reason for buying, etc. if you want.

I'll list two since one was a trade and one was a purchase.

Gayle Bradley: Got in a trade by surprise. Ran into someone who wanted a knife I had but didn't use very much. That was about a month ago. I had a second model of that knife so I traded and am very happy as is the person I traded with. Very nice experience.

Sage1: Three weeks ago or so. After much deliberation and mental fighting between the Sage1 or Sage2 I decided on the Sage1. That was about a week before the Chaparral became available. More thinking and got the Sage1. Chaparral is coming next.

Jack
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Newest spydie in hand in the USN Catcherman. Got it because it looks kick anus, never owned a Catcherman previous and looks like a good one to have in the collection. Toxic green FTW!

Dont know if this counts but.... Have a USN Endura and Caly Jr ZDP Burgundy in the mail.

USN Endura is something I missed out on and always wanted one for the collection. Plus with the recent acquisition of the USN Catcherman it was a no brainier. Thanks to a special forum member for helping me out getting one.

Caly Jr.(BTW- got it for 55$!!) -Already own one NIB but keeping it that way. Now with this one I can EDC it guilt free and not worry about ruining its "collector value".
For those who never owned a Caly Jr, try one out. Its a great knife.
Come Join Us Click Here
dschur

Post by dschur »

Most recent for me: Schempp Rock. Reason I bought it: I wanted a good quality fixed blade knife for camping. I have some more utilitarian/beater other brands (kabar), but I wanted something I would enjoy using and respect more. I also wanted something in a quality stainless steel. I'm not really a larger fixed blade kinda guy generally, and this is my first fixed blade Spyderco.

I just got the schempp rock today, so it's far too early to say what I like about it, but it impresses me out the gate with its light weight for such a large blade, great feel in hand, and the FFG. I also have a strange urge to put a wrist lanyard on it, back up to three fingers, and try some light chopping. Of course the quality, and steel (VG-10) are as always, up to Spyderco standards.
My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10 :spyder:
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Here are my most recents, a pair of Lum Tanto sprints. I got one to dye black, and a spare to keep as-is (safe queen).
Attachments
photo(1).jpg
photo(1).jpg (99.51 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
HighDesertSpyder

Latest Acquisition

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

Was at SFO on Monday of this week and purchased the Sage 1 after some examination. I will say this about that... it is fast becoming a favorite and has kicked my other daily carry out of pocket (Native). It is pure dress folder but is a beast at cutting tasks. You can not beat Taichung fit & Finish :spyder:
CXXX

Native 5

Post by CXXX »

My new Native 5 should be here tomorrow!

Excited to see the new all screw construction.

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

HighDesertSpyder wrote:Was at SFO on Monday of this week and purchased the Sage 1 after some examination. I will say this about that... it is fast becoming a favorite and has kicked my other daily carry out of pocket (Native). It is pure dress folder but is a beast at cutting tasks. You can not beat Taichung fit & Finish :spyder:
Me too exactly about the Sage1 replacing my Native which is almost a shame because That is a great knife as well. When I think I may be getting dirty it's the Native, not dirty it's the Sage1.

Jack
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I'm going to list 2 here. One that is already here, one that is in the mail...

1) VAlloton - Such a great looking knife. Love the heft...love the 50's switchblade on steroids look of it. Dislike- the clip. I really hate that clip I think that it looks just awful. Found the perfect clip...holes didn't line up. So still looking. Also I got an amazing deal on it...seriously good price.

2) Super Blue Caly3.5 - Bought with bday money since I am too poor to buy on my own right now. Excellent ergos with a choil used correctly. Carbon steel...nice blade length (I'd love to see a Caly 4!!)
On the hunt for...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Got two in the mail the other day, so I'll list both:

1) Sage II - I already have a Sage I and love it. After owning a SS knife (Adventura), I had decided that I didn't care for metal handles. The Chokwe changed my mind, as I discovered that Ti is a much better material. So I ordered a Sage II to try my hand at pimping. Now I just have to pick up that high voltage variable power supply so I can do some anodizing...

2) PPT - I've loved this knife ever since I first set eyes on it, but haven't owned one until now. What can I say? It was well worth the wait! The corrugated G-10 is more comfortable than I had imagined and I like how it fits my hand so well. Sure, it's a bit heavy and the lock feels a bit cumbersome (though it makes it feel very unlikely to ever accidentally disengage, not that I've ever worried about that before), but it seems to be breaking in nicely and I expect with a bit more time and use, the lock should lose it's over-stiffness and feel just right.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
justinrose40

Post by justinrose40 »

My Birthday was a couple weeks ago and all I ask for were knifes, I got more than what I deserved or expected. I got a Gray FRN Delica FFG, a Salt 1, camo Para-Military 2 bb, and a camo Military bb.

I love the Para-Military and want to carry it every day, but so far I have not been able to lay the salt 1 down. It's so light, and I work at a lake so the H-1 steel is a perfect match, don't have to worry about drying it off all the time or oiling it every night if I get it wet. All four knives will get plenty of pocket time, but so far the Salt is winning out.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

justinrose40 wrote:My Birthday was a couple weeks ago and all I ask for were knifes, I got more than what I deserved or expected. I got a Gray FRN Delica FFG, a Salt 1, camo Para-Military 2 bb, and a camo Military bb.
Hope you had a nice birthday. From the looks of things, it seems you've got some people that love you!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

Native 5 and Dialex Junior, both outstanding in every way!
Charlie
avoidspam

Post by avoidspam »

Am touting a Delica 4 ffg g10 with VG10. I know this is probably a bit old hat in this ever changing Spydie world! The combination of a thin blade on a not too thin handle has been a winner for me. Great ergo's and like the fact I can strip it down if needed (I work in the dirty outdoors and its not uncommon for my knives to be dropped in mud!). :D
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Just got a Caly3cf and I cant put it down. I love the feeling of the smooth carbonfiber. Very elegant knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I got a NIB Calypso Junior burgundy FRN ZDP 189 a couple weeks ago. So sharp, just great. I got it because I want more ZDP :D .
A black G 10 Poliwog is my latest purchase, just today. I am getting it because it's there & I don't have one :D .
O.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Latest Mule.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Waco

Post by Waco »

I've had my Para 2 for about 3 weeks. I like it. :)
angusW

Post by angusW »

Ordered a Chaparral a few days ago. Also pre-paided for the BBS blue M390 Para 2 yesterday. Going to be a long wait.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
JoePepper

Post by JoePepper »

Got a Sage1 coming for my birthday next week.
Rule#9:Never go anywhere without a Spyderco
Delica4 G-10, Delica4 BRG ZDP189, Delica4 Blue ZDP189,Delica4 SuperBlue,Delica4 Black VG-10,Stretch VG-10,Stretch Blue ZDP189,Manix2 CTS-XHP,Manix2 M4,Black Paramilitary2 S30V,Gray Paramilitary2 CTS20CP,Blue Paramilitary2 M390,Orange Paramilitary2CTS-XHP,Black Dragonfly2,Orange Dragonfly2 , Dragonfly2 G-10,Gayle Bradley M4, Superhawk VG-10,Native III VG-10,Sage I,Yellow Tasman Salt,Centofante 4
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

JoePepper wrote:Got a Sage1 coming for my birthday next week.
Happy birthday in advance. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Sage. I got one recently and for the first time I can pick which knife I'd keep if all others had to go. The Sage1 is easily the one I'd keep even though I'd hate loosing the other ones.

Do you know what to do right after a birthday? Start working on the Christmas gift list. lol

Jack