What knife is in your bugout bag??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ranger51

What knife is in your bugout bag??

Post by ranger51 »

What knife or knives are in your bugout bag, survival kit, or emergency kit??

I have a tactical pouch from when I was in the Rangers. I keep an Ambitious, and a Tenatious in that. In my bugout bag, I have a Randall #18 attack survival, and a Schrade extreame survival knife, and on my person, I useually have my Caly3, and a CRKT Laredo 7266. When I deploy, my tactical pouch goes in my bugout bag. Also in my tactical pouch is my surefire tactical 200 lumen flashlight. In my bug out bag with all the supplies that I would need for at least three days, I also have my military lensetic compass, a headlamp, and a Filson Adventure vest. Also, a first aid kit, sewing and repair kit have been thrown in. Of course my Kimber 45 and three boxes of Federal Hydroshocks, and enough magizines are in the mix. Additionaly I have many other items in my bag/bags but Can't see a reason to list everly thing here as it would take up too much space. :spyder: :) ;)
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Ka-Bar Extreme D2, Gerber LMF II, Manix 2, Black SE Native, Delica 4 CE

plus whatever knives are in my pockets.

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I stopped keeping a BOB when I was forced to acknowledge that the breakdown of society isn't real likely... the world has gotten progressively less interesting since I was a teenager :p . But... if I still kept one, I imagine a leatherman and one of my mules would find a home there. Plus, of course, whatever happened to be in my pockets when the zombies came ;) .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
dschur

Post by dschur »

Leatherman Charge TTi for me.

Always a good knife in my pocket and if I ever need a BOB, I will want the extra utility.

To be honest, I don't really have a dedicated BOB as much as a range bag with souped up FAK and survival kit in it.

If I were looking to buy a new Spydie for a BOB, no question for me - Schempp Rock.
My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10 :spyder:
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Leatherman skeltool, cold steel recon tanto, Beretta airlight rescue SE, Ruger gp-100 4inch w/ 180 grain Corbon, Ruger single six .22lr, 600 grit stone, 100 feet Para cord, roll.of duck tape,small medical kit,filtered water bottle, fire steel. Plus whatever I have on me at the time.
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

One of my bug out bags (one of 4) is JUST folders. Multiple Spyderco, Emerson, Al Mar, Houge ect. If you really need to bug out - never leave any of the good stuff behind :) .
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

Esee 5
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
BJEOD

Post by BJEOD »

don't have a bob, but if I did, id have my esee 5 in it. Never had a better fixed blade. I've pryed cars open, dug ordnace out of the ground, and cut endless amounts of stuff with it. If spyderco made a fixed blade that tough, I would buy it.
"I'd rather get blown up than look stupid."
- One of the greats

:spyder:para 2 digital, gayle bradley, BD1 UKPK, Manix 2, Millie x2, Delica 4 green, Delica 4 SS, Progrip lightweight, Ladybug 1 x2:spyder:
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

greeetzzzzz
Attachments
L1040963.jpg
L1040963.jpg (30.9 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Hard-use Manix2, Izula-II, ESEE-6 to augment what's in my pocket.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
dschur

Post by dschur »

Awww dammit after thinking about it for a bit, I went ahead and ordered a Schempp Rock from CS (apparently Jeff's last). Going camping in a few weeks and looking forward to trying it out.

I need to stop hangin round this joint, too many ideas are planted in my head ;)

Thanks ranger5, for planting the seed.
My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10 :spyder:
ranger51

Post by ranger51 »

dschur wrote:Awww dammit after thinking about it for a bit, I went ahead and ordered a Schempp Rock from CS (apparently Jeff's last). Going camping in a few weeks and looking forward to trying it out.

I need to stop hangin round this joint, too many ideas are planted in my head ;)

Thanks ranger5, for planting the seed.
Hey man, enjoy your camping trip!! :)
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Am I the only one who uses my rock salt for what it was intended?
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

SolidState wrote:Am I the only one who uses my rock salt for what it was intended?
Outdoor use, camp cutting, slicing, chopping and food preparation? That's what I use it for... so nope, not the only one :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Jet B

Post by Jet B »

I don't really have a bugout bag, but a small bag that I keep with me when I'm working. (I work in remote wilderness areas).

I keep my Para 2, Caly 3, SAK Adventurer, SAK classic, leatherman juice and squirt, a small folding saw, 2 bic lighters, firesteel and striker, 2-3 small flashlights. And other assorted goodies. I also have a Ka-bar machete that I carry in some areas.

I just ordered a Spyderco Schempp Rock on Sunday and it should be waiting for me at home when I get there next. It's definitely going with me to work as my camp/survival knife.
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

I keep an Umnumzaan, Charge TTi, Swisschamp, Para 2, Military and an ESEE 6 in my bugout bag
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

Swamp Rat RMD, Scrapyard Scrapper 5 and a Victorinox Swisstool X
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

ESEE 6 and an Izula. Whatever folder is in my pocket.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
dschur

Post by dschur »

Jordan wrote:Outdoor use, camp cutting, slicing, chopping and food preparation? That's what I use it for... so nope, not the only one :p .
Pretty much what I was going to use my rock for as well. I may throw in a little yard usage and keep it in a BOB when not using it.

I hope the additional usage does not offend the rules committee :rolleyes:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

dschur wrote:Pretty much what I was going to use my rock for as well. I may throw in a little yard usage and keep it in a BOB when not using it.

I hope the additional usage does not offend the rules committee :rolleyes:
Hehe, I think the outdoor use, slicing, and chopping categories work pretty well as catchalls. Seeing as I copied those tasks directly from the product description for the rock salt... you should be able to skate by the committee on this one :D .
- Theodore Roosevelt