Going the Spyder way!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wardo

Post by Wardo »

BadFish wrote: I decided to go with the lowest end spyder as one of my first good knives and its gonna be a practice run to make sure i can treat this one as good as a h1 needs to be treated.
You lost me on this comment, Badfish. The beauty of H1 is that it doesn't require any "good treatment." All you would have to do with H1 is not lose it and rinse it out occasionally (and, of course, sharpen it just as you would any other knife.) :D H1 is great stuff for a marine environment.
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

Try out your tenacious, but then really look at the tasman salt. I use mine fishing all the time. When you're wading you can attach it to a long lanyard and a belt loop to make sure it doesn't get dropped in the water. When I'm fishing from a kayak, mine just sits on the kayak floor. Like everyone said, the salt series is perfect for water applications, and for fishing I think the tasman is perfect.......good all around size and the hawkbill blade is helpful
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome Badfish. You might check out the Spyderhawk, both Plain edge and Spyderedge. Cutlery Shoppe has a great price on them.