Forum Knife D'fly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Color of the G-10?

Od Green
15%
Orange
46%
Blue
28%
Black
6%
Yellow
4%

Total votes: 140

pinepig2

Post by pinepig2 »

Calypso Jr., Super Blue steel, natural G11 (translucent olive green).
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

I cant believe Ive been missing this thread. Id love to get a sprint run forum knife, especially if its a dragonfly because I dont have one. I voted yellow as I dont think there has been any yellow g10 yet if Im not mistaken. But id get it in any color. I dont think it should be od green though as that is too close to the green g10 they already have on the d'fly. It should be a bright color to represent the livliness of the forum. Im ok with any steel, but would love to see g10 matched with h1. That may drive up price though because then every steel part would need to be h1. Id rather see a inexpensive knife for the masses then an expensive one for the few.

Idk how these will be sold, but can Spyderco please make an exception for NY fans? Maybe sell them through a dealer that still delivers to New York?
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Woooah it's back haah, well, there's been a giant absence of anyone directly in association to spyderco in this thread.
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Bradley wrote:Woooah it's back haah, well, there's been a giant absence of anyone directly in association to spyderco in this thread.
Heh, indeed... probably an indicator that they aren't gonna do it. Can't say that's a surprise... the company is coming out with a ton of new models and sprints this year, and has plenty more in the works. Pushing out a run of unique knives (even if all that's different is handle material or color) means using manufacturing capacity that could be spent elsewhere, so it probably isn't high on their list of priorities. I guess I'll just have to spend all my money buying the aforementioned new models and sprints instead :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Believe it or not, I didn't vote ORANGE this time.

I think a Blue G10 Dfly would be a great forum knife!!!! I've wanted to try out a Dfly for a while so this would be a great choice.
Vic
whitefeather

Henry Ford

Post by whitefeather »

"anything but orange" but that was not option so I voted Henry Ford Black :p
computernut

Post by computernut »

I voted blue but I'd be happy with any colour G10, the steel is more important, ZDP would be great!
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

If you guys think about it, we've gotten pretty input on this, if only a golden made d fly were possible, a run of 300 would be better :rolleyes:
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I'm sure it's been said, but Toxic green needs to be on the list.
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]