Forum Attitude/Behavior

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
flipe8

Thanks Kristi

Post by flipe8 »

Your timing is pretty much perfect :spyder:
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

Thanx, Civility +1
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

I'm new to the forum. I've been collecting Spydercos for a number of years now, but just recently joined the forum. I've been watching the forum and reading the posts for a year or two now and just joined a month or two ago. I feel like I know some of the frequent posters. That being said, when I first started collecting Spydercos, just like everyone else, I didn't know a thing about them or any other knives for that matter. Sometimes it's very hard to get a real or concise answer about Spyderco products. The forum, as designed, is the perfect place or THE place for that. It is definitely difficult to break the ice here and I think Taz's suggestion / warning should be taken to heart. I don't feel that I've broken the ice here and I can tell you she's right.

recent acquisitions: USN Catcherman and C60S Ayoob
onecentweasel

Post by onecentweasel »

Thanks Kristi. I've been noticing people getting a bit aggressive in some of there post, and because of this I have not been on the forum as long as usual...

Tubpbs, Welcome! Hope this helps to break the ice a little bit. I don't post all that often, but I do check the forum pretty much daily... If you have any questions you can always pm me and I will try to help...
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

One of the reasons I started buying Spyderco knives years ago dates back to the time I first met Sal at a knife show in the late 1980s. He impressed me greatly - he listened, he answered questions, laughed, and really took the time to make his customers feel appreciated.

Kristi - thank you for ensuring that this philosophy carries through to the Spyderco web community. :)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Donut

Post by Donut »

Tubpbs, welcome to the forum. I got the recent Ayoob sprint and really like it. How did you get ahold of a serrated Ayoob?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Thank you for that, Kristi. I can tell you that I no longer post or participate here as frequently and mostly just lurk now for the exact reasons you mention.

I hope the newcomers don't get chased away, they are an important part of the community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Very well put :)

We should all be kind to each other and remember that we were all learners once. We should try to help everyone here no matter what stupid question is asked. Openly aggressive remarks should be kept to yourselves as this is Sal's house. Let's at least respect that we are all guests here.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Read and understood.

Previously posted in the "Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints" thread.
Pinetreebbs wrote:Sal,

Thank you for setting the tone for intelligent discussion.

May I add: “Don't be too annoying and don't be too easily annoyed.”

Credit to an ancient network, Fidonet.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Thank you for the reminder Kristi, very well said.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

That was a great reminder to us all.
I have been frustrated lately with how it has turned neg and have not been on as much for that fact but it will pass. This is still one of the friendliest forums on the net and I am proud to be a member of it.
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

tazkristi wrote:
please remember when a new member comes here, they are seeking

our members are what makes this place great. I have been fortunate to experience the very best that this place has to offer. Who knows what a new member may offer to our community.

Think twice
type once

kristi
Here Here!
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

Donut wrote:Tubpbs, welcome to the forum. I got the recent Ayoob sprint and really like it. How did you get ahold of a serrated Ayoob?

Firstly, thanks for the welcomes all around.

I got the Ayoob serrated on eBay. I see them on there now and again (more often than the PE aluminum handle) but I got a nice deal. I think because it was listed as "in good condition" and not new. I asked the seller if it ever cut anything and he said no and it's never been used. So, despite the fact that I have no money right now I had to get my Spyderco on... Love them too much and cant pass on good or even decent deals...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Thanks Kristi,

As one disposed for a quick response I'll pay special attention.

Cheers.
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Very well stated.
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Tubpbs wrote:I'm new to the forum. I've been collecting Spydercos for a number of years now, but just recently joined the forum. I've been watching the forum and reading the posts for a year or two now and just joined a month or two ago. I feel like I know some of the frequent posters. That being said, when I first started collecting Spydercos, just like everyone else, I didn't know a thing about them or any other knives for that matter. Sometimes it's very hard to get a real or concise answer about Spyderco products. The forum, as designed, is the perfect place or THE place for that. It is definitely difficult to break the ice here and I think Taz's suggestion / warning should be taken to heart. I don't feel that I've broken the ice here and I can tell you she's right.

recent acquisitions: USN Catcherman and C60S Ayoob
Don't feel too bad, Tubpbs, I have been a member here for a bit longer and still don't feel like I have broken the ice. :o
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

A.P.F. wrote:Don't feel too bad, Tubpbs, I have been a member here for a bit longer and still don't feel like I have broken the ice. :o

I feel like I'm getting closer now...
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Welcome Tubpbs. This forum really is a very good place with standards higher than most.

I learned to sharpen with advice here, learned more about materials, locks, and styles, plus many other little facts that you can't really gain from a google search alone. Plus I've gained an appreciation for the products that :spyder: creates and an insight to the way of thinking that guides the company :)

I try to make it a point to always be aware of my own ignorance first. My way is not always the right way for everyone. I'm not perfect, everyone else here is not perfect either. I'm free to admit ignorance in what I do not know. No"one" is ever 100% right or wrong. Forming the right question is half of the quest to recieving an answer.

Tolerance and empathy seem to be undervalued these days. Let's keep it alive here. No one gains when a forum member is jumped on, it only leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Folks from around the world reached out and helped me when I first joined. When I can I try to return the favor even though I realize how clueless I still am in some areas. Knowing what you don't know is as important as knowing what you do. For every individual there is always an opportunity to learn :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
BladePlay

Post by BladePlay »

phillipsted wrote:One of the reasons I started buying Spyderco knives years ago dates back to the time I first met Sal at a knife show in the late 1980s. He impressed me greatly - he listened, he answered questions, laughed, and really took the time to make his customers feel appreciated.

TedP
Let's start doing more of that :)

Everybody's talking about
Revolution, Evolution, Mastication, Flagelolation, Regulations,
Integrations, Meditations, United Nations, Congratulations!
All we are saying is give peace a chance :D

[align=]“There never was a good knife made of bad steel”[/align]
termite

Post by termite »

Another thanks for the reminder, Kristi. It's already too easy to find nasty in the world. Consequently, places like this are appreciated.