spyderco "traditional" slipjoint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

TheNeedyCat wrote:i was thinking today that spyderco have all these awesome slipjoints such as the squeak (in my pocket now) and ukpks and the bug series etc. but no "traditional" style slip joints ...
I would love to see the Spyderco take on traditional slipjoints, too. I really like the Spyderco design angle. But seeing as I'm in one of those countries where one-hand opening in combination with locking blades isn't allowed in public I'm a bit limited in my EDC choice. A couple of month ago a German knife mag did a special on Spyderco's 2011 designs and they gladly reported on Spyderco's plans regarding more socially and politically correct models, especially but not exclusively for the international market.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

I usually carry a slipjoint. Working in an office environment, I found that using a one-hand opening knife was socially unacceptable. Now, I know many of you might take umbrage with that. But, given that I own my business and do not want to lose customers, I felt it best to change to traditional slipjoints. Now, instead of people not being able to figure out how to close my knife, they remark about how their father or grandfather has/had one like it. It is a more positive experience for all. I would welcome a Spyderco slipjoint outside the UKPK line.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I just held a Squeak for the first time a little while ago...and while I love it for a one hand opener...I'd much rather carry my Case knives as far as traditional pocketknives go. Not saying I wouldn't consider it though :)
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban