USN Catcherman Release Date

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

no problem. i always follow the advice of a few on here with regards to buying knives: if you like it even a little, don't hesitate. it's much easier to resell than it is to buy a discontinued model..
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

pmbspyder wrote:no problem. i always follow the advice of a few on here with regards to buying knives: if you like it even a little, don't hesitate. it's much easier to resell than it is to buy a discontinued model..

Very sound advice. :spyder:
Slash

Post by Slash »

JNewell wrote:Very sound advice. :spyder:
Absolutely, never, ever hesitate when it comes to a blade like this.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

jabba359 wrote:My shipping notice just showed up too, though I'll bet the wait for it to arrive in California is a bit shorter than what you have to endure! :p
Got my tracking info. I guess 10 - 14 days. The last shipment from the US took three days to move from the post office to the customs office within the same German city. Takes less to cross the Atlantic by plane. Are they using snails? Where, oh where is the vaunted German efficiency? :D I think they are using turtles, I have this picture in my mind:

A turtle with two Spyderco boxes fixed on it's back shuffling determinedly and slowly from the post office to the customs office, kerbs down, kerbs up,
s p r i n t i n g when the light turns green... Come on turtle, RUN, I'll bring you a huge head of lettuce!

Just kidding, of course! :D
BulkCarrier

Post by BulkCarrier »

buddy54ck wrote: :spyder: :spyder: :D
HI ALL,
I'm in for the catcherman, I am now a member of the USN COMMUNITY :D also, I just joined Friday , and was approved for membership. I have wanted in to this special Community for sometime, and it fineally happened. My Recommendation is to join, THE USN FORUM IS REALLY SPECIAL !!!
Thanks, Charlie
:spyder: :spyder: :D

How do I join USN for the discount code ? I have tried to join about 3 months ago when I heard the rumors about the new H1 catcherman, but my account still says it must be activated by the admins.

I unfortunately only have a gmail account. Is there some rule that you cannot join with a gmail account ? I know it's wrong , but I tried to join USN when the knife was just a dream. Can somebody please send me the discount code. I know it's wrong, but I have no other option.

Thanks Rudolph
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

^ Brand new member here, and not a member of the USN. First post was to ask for a discount code? hmm.
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
BulkCarrier

Post by BulkCarrier »

Bradley wrote:^ Brand new member here, and not a member of the USN. First post was to ask for a discount code? hmm.
I know, but I am user and not a collector. I don't frequent knife forums, but have been keeping my eye in the catcherman developments in this forum(Don't need to be a member for that.)

I have also been trying to get hold of the older model on Ebay , but non of the sellers there ship to South Africa.

I currently own 2 H1 Pacific Salt spyderco's that stays on the boat , but was hoping to add 2 catcherman to that collection.

And it's not that I haven't tried to get hold of the catcherman or even get on USN, but it looks like they only allow a certain e-mail address or something, but I have been waiting for a while now to be approved.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

BulkCarrier wrote:I unfortunately only have a gmail account. Is there some rule that you cannot join with a gmail account ? Can somebody please send me the discount code. I know it's wrong, but I have no other option.
They require registered email addresses (one that is linked to an ISP), so it's tough to get a USN account if you only have a free email address (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc). Fortunately, you don't need a code to buy the knife. The knife is available right here: http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=702
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

skatenut wrote:Got my tracking info. I guess 10 - 14 days. The last shipment from the US took three days to move from the post office to the customs office within the same German city. Takes less to cross the Atlantic by plane. Are they using snails? Where, oh where is the vaunted German efficiency? :D I think they are using turtles, I have this picture in my mind:

A turtle with two Spyderco boxes fixed on it's back shuffling determinedly and slowly from the post office to the customs office, kerbs down, kerbs up,
s p r i n t i n g when the light turns green... Come on turtle, RUN, I'll bring you a huge head of lettuce!

Just kidding, of course! :D
If it's any consolation, UPS uses turtles (or at least wagons and oxen) within the USA as well. Mine shipped Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. Seven days to go 1500 miles.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
BulkCarrier

Post by BulkCarrier »

jabba359 wrote:You don't need a code to buy the knife. It's available right here: http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=702
I know, but would love to get 2 but at that price I will only be able to get 1.

If I can't get the code can somebody help me get on the USN forum. Why haven't I been accepted on the forum yet ?
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

If you used a Gmail they aren't going to accept you.
BulkCarrier

Post by BulkCarrier »

Bradley wrote:If you used a Gmail they aren't going to accept you.
You right. I just remembered I used my work email address. A .co.za address. Same username as on the spyderco forum. I there a way I can contact somebody to check ?

Thanks for the help. Just hope there is still stock when i get on.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

There are admin emails. At the bottom of the page there is a link
"contact us" I think you can get to that even if you're not logged in.
BulkCarrier

Post by BulkCarrier »

Nope can't get to that page if you are not logged in. And the about USN on the frontpage only says coming soon. No contact details.

What one won't do for a bargain, 2 is better than 1
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

My Catcherman came in today. :D A little stiff at first but after about 20 or so openings smoothing out. Be careful as these bad boys are "sticky sharp" out of the box. The grind on mine was even on both sides and as previously stated SHARP! For filleting I like a really sharp knife but for skinning I prefer the knife to be a little duller. Guess I'm gonna have to fillet a mess-o fish this weekend before starting to skin. Have blue and od paracord at the house, gonna have to get some black to make a lanyard. Don't wanna lose the catcherman. Looking forward to the looks I get from friends this weekend. They will undoubtedly want to try this out.

I seem to find myself saying thanks to Sal and all the folks at Spyderco quite often. Also a big thanks to the folks at USN. I have been frequenting the forum and a lot of nice folks there. I am honored to own one of their forum knives.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

just got mine as well. crazy big knife! makes my military look small! very sharp out of the box, now I just need to find some darn fish to fillet!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Anybody measure how thick the blade stock is? It is incredibly thin, but I don't have any tools for measuring the thickness and that's all I need to complete my update to the Spydiewiki page.
-Kyle

Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

My dial caliper says .070. The Aus-8a blades are thicker at .079.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sithus1966 wrote:My dial caliper says .070. The Aus-8a blades are thicker at .079.
Thanks! I'll get that updated.
-Kyle

captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Sithus1966 wrote:My dial caliper says .070. The Aus-8a blades are thicker at .079.
0.070 inches would be 1.78 mm's BTW - Wow!