Spyderco Warrior Kydex Sheath?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tacticooledc

Spyderco Warrior Kydex Sheath?

Post by tacticooledc »

I love carrying my temperance 2, and everything is perfect about that knife- but I feel I want some more variety but I want a sheath just like this one (g-clip, high carry, etc). Where can I get a kydex sheath for the warrior?

Also, I was thinking about the Fred Perrin Street Beat....but it sure is an obscure looking knife.....that and the whole "french military" background turned me off- but the clip is perfect and it looks like it would be a comfortable knife. I'm guessing it's the glock of the fixed blades here- odd looking, funky, simplistic, but gets the job done.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Not sure about the Warrior sheath, but the Street beat is a great little knife. The deep finger choil, great jimping, and micarta scales make it very comfortable in hand. I like the sheath too, I carry it IWB and it conceals very well.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

dgulbra wrote:Not sure about the Warrior sheath, but the Street beat is a great little knife. The deep finger choil, great jimping, and micarta scales make it very comfortable in hand. I like the sheath too, I carry it IWB and it conceals very well.
how does that vg10 deal with sweat? I'm in texas so IWB basically means it's gonna get some level of sweat/heat on it
Jarhead90

Post by Jarhead90 »

Check Invictus Kydex (invictuskydex.com) Matt does excellent work. He keeps you in the loop via e-mail & looking at his website he does use Spyderco G-clips. You might have to send your knife to him though.
-Trevor

Endura
Temperance 2
Tops Wolf Pup
CS Voyager (SE)
CRKT Bear Claw
Native--M.I.A.
Paul Moore "custom" Knife
Meyerco Wharning
Shivworks Disciple
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

tacticooledc wrote:how does that vg10 deal with sweat? I'm in texas so IWB basically means it's gonna get some level of sweat/heat on it
I have had no problems with rust at all. I put a good coating of tuf-glide on it when i first got it and haven't touched it since.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

I used to carry Street Beat when I ran and would sometimes get some surface rust from my sweat that would rub off with a towel.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

VG10 is a good steel it handles sweat pretty well. The street beat is a good knife for something small and light. River city sheaths makes a nice kydex for the warrior. Not sure why the french military would turn you off. Fred is the real deal no bs about his background.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

VashHash wrote:Not sure why the french military would turn you off. Fred is the real deal no bs about his background.
Ditto. I have known Fred for many years and he is legit. He is also one of the most highly regarded knife trainers in Europe.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Street Beat is IMO about the best looking knife Spyderco ever made. The pommel rests perfectly into the pocket right above the heel of my hand. The deep choil inspires real grip confidence. I'm not much of a fan of Spydero sheaths, but the boltaron sheath that comes with the Street Beat is great.

As for "French Military," they use some pretty great stuff--I don't know anything about their primary battle rifle the FAMAS (other than from Wikipedia where looks like a poor choice) , but the primary side-arm is the same as ours, and their spec forces etc, use M4s, HKs and Sigs--certainly nothing to complain about.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

tacticooledc wrote:Where can I get a kydex sheath for the warrior?
Mike Sastre of River City Sheaths makes a custom kydex for the Warrior.

There's a thread (with pictures) on this topic with more info: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41634
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BAL

Post by BAL »

dgulbra wrote:I have had no problems with rust at all. I put a good coating of tuf-glide on it when i first got it and haven't touched it since.
Nice tip on the tuf-glide,Thanks man.
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Doing another small batch of Warrior sheaths this week - usually try to keep a few in stock.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Mike do you happen to make a sheath for the Schempp Rock?
bc

Post by bc »

I have a Warrior sheath from Mike. Really tight. Inside the belt carry.

Mike...I need a Schempp Rock too!!!! Got any of those made? Thanks.
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

bc,

Is "Really tight" meant as too tight, or a compliment? If too tight, send it back for adjustment.
I might do a Rock sheath - have the knife - but I just moved and am still in the process of getting the shop back together, so time is tight right now.

bc wrote:I have a Warrior sheath from Mike. Really tight. Inside the belt carry.

Mike...I need a Schempp Rock too!!!! Got any of those made? Thanks.
bc

Post by bc »

"Really tight" is a compliment. Trying to keep up with the kids!

I love that sheath. I can carry my warrior and no one even knows! It brings that knife to a whole new level. Couldn't be happier. I don't know if I would ever carry the Warrior otherwise.

Good luck getting the shop in order. Can't wait to see what the Rock sheath looks like.
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Thanks, bc, that's what I thought, but it would have been irresponsible for me not to be sure. I try to build high performance sheaths rather than "knife holders".