Your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Captron

Post by Captron »

First was Endura SE. Then:
Meadowlark Rescue SE
EnduraPE
Catcherman
LadyBug H1 PE
LadyBug H1 Hawkbill SE
Paramilitary2 PE
Atlantic Salt HI SE
Superhawk SE
Pacific Salt PE Black Blade
Catcherman ( yes another one)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

John_is_my_name wrote:I got a Paramilitary 2 and a Sage 1, both delivered on the same day in November of 2011, while I love the Para2, the Sage is the one that bit me, and now I have lots of Spydies and a few knives made in Idaho.
John, can you tell me when I got my first Dragonfly? That way I'll know when to expect it. :)

Jack
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

My Endura. Got it less than a month ago. :D
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Brock O Lee wrote:This is my first post.... about my first spydie. Quite appropriate I think...

After lots of research I found out that I missed out on the Paramilitary 2 S90V. :eek: Then I learnt about the Para 2 20CP, and was lucky enough to get one for a decent price a few months ago. It's in my pocket right now. :D

I think I've already developed a bad case of The Fever - my list of must-have's is growing weekly...

As a result, I have a less threatening Dragonfly G10 on the way for office use.
Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on a fine Spydie as I imagine it's very hard to score a sought-after Sprint out side of the US. As for less threatening, the Chaparral is a nice one too. :p Just adding to your wish list. LOL.

My first was the Sharpmaker, quickly followed by the Tenacious.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
2cha

Post by 2cha »

My brother got a worker as a gift 15 or 16 years ago. Then a few years ago I came across a P'Kal while researching MBC, bought one. Did me in.
alexspyder

Post by alexspyder »

Endura, just a few weeks ago from a local shop.
alex:spyder:
Lord Bear

Post by Lord Bear »

When I joined the internet several years ago, I discovered Spyderco and the Caly 3 (laminated ZDP/polished carbon fiber). Many Spyderco's later since then, I remembered my REAL first Spyderco. I believe it was a Delica fully serrated. (No Idea what steel.) I'd become aware of Spyderco folders (POCKETCLIP!) through gun magazines (insert dinosaur reference here) I'd perused at the time. So I picked up a Sharpmaker (came with a VHS) and said Delica plus the Leatherman PST at a gunshop. (The Leatherman PST also came with a pocketclip.) All the guys at the furniture store kept borrowing the Leatherman as well as the Delica until the PST was well and truly lost and the Delica actually busted apart.
Took a detour away from a knife company whose product actually busted apart AFTER(!) 7 months of borrowers and you know what they do to 'em type of hard use" and explored "better options" through some other companies products. Found some good ones.
But lately, pocket time seems to be going Spyderco's way.
Just sayin.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Yellow Atlantic salt SE
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

Tenacious. Loved that thing. Has lead into a Delica4, Manix 2 and a few other Byrd knives. Next on the list: Para2, Stretch, Centofante 3 and Endura FFG (just the first 4 on a LONG list!)
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

my first spydie was a stretch2 stainless steel handle with kraton inlays & combo edge. still absolutely love that blade though i do wish i could have got the plain edge. a few years later i emptied my piggybank & scored a stretch2 green frn with zdp-189 plain edge. happy days :D
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
CXXX

Military!

Post by CXXX »

My first was the first Military in 440c, I had a few Benchmade tactical knives at the time and the Millie fit right in.
I'm pretty exclusive Spyderco with approximately 175 in the collection now, the Sprint affliction I have may bankrupt me, but I love them. :spyder:
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

My wife gave me the Resilience for Christmas 2010. Since then I've obtained 7 more.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
vic

Post by vic »

endura 3 and a merlin god knows how many years ago
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

My first Spyderco was a Sharpmaker, too, back in about 1981 or 1982. It was different from the 204, only one angle for knives, about 45º inclusive. Still have it, too. Back then I was aware of the rescue knives, but never felt the need. Second Spyderco was a ZDP Delica 4 received in about 2007 as a gift from my father. Now I have a dozen or more Spyderco knives and a 204 Sharpmaker, too.
FuSchniken

Post by FuSchniken »

White endura 4, gifted to brother-in-law. Since then I have been through 2 Stretch, Gayle Bradley, Serrated Military, and I just got the brown sprint a few minutes ago :D I love the Millie. When his little brother grows teeth Ill be purchasing a para 2
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

An old Delica with the molded clip. I lost it climbing down the cables at Half Dome in Yosemite.

Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

Circa 1993 Delica G-2 Spydie edge.
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

jackknifeh wrote:John, can you tell me when I got my first Dragonfly? That way I'll know when to expect it. :)

Jack
… sure, Jack - it was late September 2011 … I remember it like it was tomorrow … :p
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
DaRTH SfaRi

Post by DaRTH SfaRi »

My 1st wz tha trusty Pro-Grip...I miss it soo much
Perrin PPT*Tasman Salt*Leafstorm*Persistence*Kiwi SS Lockback*Stretch*Caly 3.5 Super Blue Sprint Run*Matriarch 2* SmallFly*Endura 4 FFG Orange*Schempp Rock*Endura 4 ZDP-189*
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Technically, the ones that drew me in were the ones mentioned in Thomas Harris' novel Silence of the Lambs, the Harpy, Civilian, and Military. I'd never heard of Spyderco before that, even though I'd been carrying a pocket knife for a good fifty years. Did some research on the web, but not enough, because the first three I purchased all had wrong handed locks. But what they did show me was the elegant simplicity and total reliability of the Spyderhole opener. Next two purchases were a Native and a Kiwi, both of which are still in use.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!