Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

waco kid wrote:So far, I haven't personally found many cutting situations where bigger is better. The Para seems like a good size.
i and MANY others have found that it doesn't matter what knife you "need", but rather the knife you "think you need". :D
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
Waco

Post by Waco »

kadinh wrote:i and MANY others have found that it doesn't matter what knife you "need", but rather the knife you "think you need". :D
Right now, I think I need this one. Next week? Who knows? A few weeks ago, I thought I needed a simple, non-locking, non-spyderco pocket knife. I sold it already. It's hard to go back to knives that require both hands to open.
Waco

Post by Waco »

What are these markings next to the hole, on side opposite from the spyder?
cutter17

Post by cutter17 »

Oh yeah, there are a LOT of knives I think I need! I'm just a newbie to Spyderco, but a long time user/collector. My last Spyderco was a titanium Military, and after carrying and using this knife for a while, I just have to sing it's prasies! :D It is a fantastic slicer, and holds the edge for a long time, at least for the time I've had it which is nearly 1 month, strong lockup and tight lockup, just a perfect knife to me! :D
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

waco kid wrote:What are these markings next to the hole, on side opposite from the spyder?
Those are the stylized signatures/personal logos of Sal Glesser and his son Eric, who both contributed to the design of the Paramilitary 2.

Surely I am not the only one who noticed that Yablanowitz has a screw missing from his Para 2?
Waco

Post by Waco »

Bill1170 wrote:Surely I am not the only one who noticed that Yablanowitz has a screw missing from his Para 2?
I didn't until you mentioned it. I bet customer service would be happy to help.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Bill1170 wrote:Those are the stylized signatures/personal logos of Sal Glesser and his son Eric, who both contributed to the design of the Paramilitary 2.

Surely I am not the only one who noticed that Yablanowitz has a screw missing from his Para 2?
Huh, how about that? Count me among those who hadn't noticed. :o
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Bill1170 wrote: Surely I am not the only one who noticed that Yablanowitz has a screw missing from his Para 2?
There are several people on here that have that same problem. Myself included if you were to ask the wife.