Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

yablanowitz wrote:Here you go.
Yab, what's wrong with your M4 Millie? It looks used or something. I thought they were just supposed to sit in a safe and accumulate $$$ value... :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I love that knife of Yab's. That was a CF s90v that he swapped his M4 blade into after wearing out the s90v goodness.
Waco

Post by Waco »

Yeah, the Military definitely looks like overkill for me, at least for now. Para-Military it is.

Ordered. :D
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

jabba359 wrote:Yab, what's wrong with your M4 Millie? It looks used or something. I thought they were just supposed to sit in a safe and accumulate $$$ value... :p
What's a safe? :confused: ;)
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The Deacon wrote:The Military is too big for me because it won't ride loose in.
I carry my Military in my back pocket, upright, with a bandanna filling the rest of the space. The regular Military will sometimes slip behind the bandanna but the slightly thicker Ti Military works flawlessly.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
cr123

lefty military is cool

Post by cr123 »

Hi:

I like mine alot. Originally purchased as a safequeen, I edc it now and only leave it at home if i know I am visiting cities with a 3" or less knife blade law.

I really don't notice it in my pocket. I've been dedicating it's use just for food now because it is so sharp. pretty cool to slice a loaf bread with it with a non-serrated knife.
Waco

Post by Waco »

cr123 wrote:Hi:

I like mine alot. Originally purchased as a safequeen, I edc it now and only leave it at home if i know I am visiting cities with a 3" or less knife blade law.

I really don't notice it in my pocket. I've been dedicating it's use just for food now because it is so sharp. pretty cool to slice a loaf bread with it with a non-serrated knife.
I hardly ever use kitchen knifes or steak knives anymore. I always have a better knife in my pocket. I may try the bigger Military someday.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

yablanowitz wrote:What's a safe? :confused: ;)
That's were one stores guns :D
Waco

Post by Waco »

NoFair wrote:That's were one stores guns :D
Mine are in the nightstand and loaded.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

NoFair wrote:That's where one stores guns :D
Yeah, I have four of those kind. I didn't know they made them for knives. Why bother? :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
shimage

Post by shimage »

waco kid wrote:I hardly ever use kitchen knifes or steak knives anymore. I always have a better knife in my pocket. I may try the bigger Military someday.
Sounds like you need a decent kitchen knife. Turns out they are a lot cheaper than most of the knives in this thread, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Waco

Post by Waco »

shimage wrote:Sounds like you need a decent kitchen knife. Turns out they are a lot cheaper than most of the knives in this thread, so it shouldn't be a problem.
And ruin my excuse to get out my Spyderco when I'm preparing or eating meals? :) Actually, we have knives in the kitchen that are more than adequate.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

waco kid wrote:Mine are in the nightstand and loaded.
You either have a huge nightstands or not enough guns :p
Waco

Post by Waco »

NoFair wrote:You either have a huge nightstands or not enough guns :p
Just two handguns. The rifle is leaning against it. I've never bought a gun, but I'm slowly building a collection of free ones.
Waco

Post by Waco »

My Para-Military 2 just arrived today. :D It feels light compared to my Endura G10. I wasn't expecting the handle to be open so everything inside is visible. I've wondered if this encourages dirt and lint to collect inside quicker. The locking mechanism is cool. I've already switched the clip to my preferred position, LH, point-up. I can't wait to try it out. The box was smashed because the retailer just put it in a plastic envelope with no packing materials. It's a good thing that I'm not one of those people who buys knives and keeps them NIB.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

waco kid wrote:Yeah, the Military definitely looks like overkill for me, at least for now. Para-Military it is.

Ordered. :D
i give you 2 months (at most) until you order the military.....

:spyder: = :)
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
Donut

Post by Donut »

Para is nice, Millie is nice. Both are just slightly different.

I think Yab stores his knives in his unsafe. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Waco

Post by Waco »

kadinh wrote:i give you 2 months (at most) until you order the military.....

:spyder: = :)
So far, I haven't personally found many cutting situations where bigger is better. The Para seems like a good size.
BAL

Post by BAL »

yablanowitz wrote:Here you go.

Congrats, I love to see the "wear" in the knives, it gives them character.
BAL

Post by BAL »

waco kid wrote:So far, I haven't personally found many cutting situations where bigger is better. The Para seems like a good size.
I probably agree, but still there is just something about holding that Military in your hand. It's like you can handle any situation that comes your way. Don't get me wrong, I love the Para2, maybe a better pound for pound knife. But the Military is just in a different class.