Question on Street Beat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
outlaw918692000

Question on Street Beat

Post by outlaw918692000 »

I have a Street Beat that has, I guess the old sheath with the nylon piece that attaches to the kydex. I want to use the kydex with a different mount but it is loose. Any one know if I can get one of the new ones as a replacement from Spyderco? On a side note this is one of the best fixed blades for EDC ever. :D
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

can't help you on the sheat but i am looking to add a fixed blade to my spyderco collection . hesitating between street beat; bill moran or a mule . see you like the street beat any picture's? greeetzzz
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

You can G-Clips from just about any of the custom kydex makers out there. Most sell them for $5-7 plus shipping.

I personally found the Street Beat sheath to be lacking, but still quite good considering how outright lousy most fixed-blade sheaths are that come from their respective makers, and got a custom sheath made that is far superior at reasonable price point (read: a lot less than $80-90).
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

bartvdb wrote:can't help you on the sheat but i am looking to add a fixed blade to my spyderco collection . hesitating between street beat; bill moran or a mule . see you like the street beat any picture's? greeetzzz
Street Beat and Street Bowie;
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Img_0407.jpg
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Trying to post pictures of a sheath I made for my Street Beat. Once I figure out how to find the pics' URL I'll post them. I am new to the sheath making. I have about 7 or 8 made so far, so I'm still in the learning process. I started using .060 for practice, and today I used .090 for the first time.

Still trying to figure out how to post pics. However, here is where my noobness came into play- I scratched the blade a little on one side. =( At least it was my knife! I reheated and respaced the sheath, so I think I fixed that, but, I will have those scratches to remind me...