What knife to order today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
EDCTAC

What knife to order today?

Post by EDCTAC »

So I got the itch, I am dead set on ordering a new :spyder: today. I can't make up my mind :confused: My choices are: the new sprint manix, sage 1, or gayle bradley. Help me make up my mind please :D
:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

being a new sage 1 owner, i would absolutely recommend it! i believe it's $97 from CS with free shipping and no sales tax. you absolutely can't beat it. good luck, let us know what you end up with
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
wingman_214

Post by wingman_214 »

The gayle bradly is one sweet looking knife.
knife nut404

Post by knife nut404 »

Manix sprint is in my pocket right now
Spydies: edc forum manix 2
stag arms manix 2, endura 4,delica 4, ffg e4, para 2
jossta

Post by jossta »

BRADLEY, hands down. You need a Bradley and a Para 2. All else is secondary.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Wow...tough call. The new Manix sprint is really a great one. That new texture G10 is superb. And the steel is basically the same as S30V...and the GB is one of my all time favorites.

Overall I would say get the Manix because it is a sprint. It is only going to get more expensive. The Sage and GB are production and are likely never to change or really increase in cost until they are disco'd.
On the hunt for...
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I'm all in favor of Manix2s and Sages (have a number), but if you're wanting just a fine knife for fewer dollars, consider the Squeak.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Overall I would say get the Manix because it is a sprint. It is only going to get more expensive. The Sage and GB are production and are likely never to change or really increase in cost until they are disco'd.
This.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jossta

Post by jossta »

If you really want THAT sprint, like the others said, get it since it will be easier now, but there's a new Manix 2 Sprint every day. IMO, other than the texture (which just means more chewed up pants), this one isn't anything to write home about. But, if YOU like this one more than the others that have been offered, makes the most sense to get that one.

If you check forums though, the CTS-XHP one still can be had for under $150 though, sometimes closer to $125.
FPO45

Post by FPO45 »

If you think in terms of availability, the Manix 2 Sprint should receive some priority. Both the Sage 1 and Gayle Bradley are regular production knives, and at least for the foreseeable future aren't being discontinued. The Manix 2 Sprint, on the other hand, is limited production and may soon be difficult to find (although from what I've seen, a lot of dealers have them in stock, and they don't seem to be going anywhere).

Good luck choosing, all those mentioned are great knives.
EDCTAC

Post by EDCTAC »

I ended up going with the manix sprint for the above mentioned reasons. I have a regular manix 2 and I love it. I think the GB is next on my list though :)
:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

Sage. Amazing knife.