Nutnfancy/Missionspeccamo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enkidude

Nutnfancy/Missionspeccamo

Post by Enkidude »

Did anyone on the forum pick up the nutnfancy/missionspeccamo Tenacious today? Looks sick, but I'm not enough of a fan to shell out 110 for a tenacious. They are sold out btw.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Soooo....basically you are paying $75 dollars for a paint job? And people paid that?

I'm gonna start spray paining my knives and then selling then for 4 times their value too.
On the hunt for...
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

OOH,ima gonna go find my airbrush :p

edit---oh and welcome enkidude, oops, forgot to write that when I posted this, Have a nice time here
vic

Post by vic »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Soooo....basically you are paying $75 dollars for a paint job? And people paid that?

I'm gonna start spray paining my knives and then selling then for 4 times their value too.
yeah you only need to get about 100,000 subscribers to your youtube channel first

not saying i would have bought one of his but no one would pay that for one of your painted chinese liner-locks
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Retuning to the General Forum without posting.

IBTL
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

But duuudes you're missing the point on this super cool knife, each one is personnally signed by Nutnfancy :rolleyes:

Started to watch his video and as usual couldn't sit thru more than two minutes of his babble. Just not my cup of tea...the paint job and his videos.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

There's some hardcore nutnfancy fans out there. Personally, he drives me crazy how he never shuts up. But he does do some good reviews. He reminds me of Nancy Grace. And that's not a good thing...
wvguy8258

Post by wvguy8258 »

I don't know, that blade looks kinda fancy.
EDCTAC

Post by EDCTAC »

Yeah, I think he has some good info if you can sift it out of the static n pointless nom nom nom. I feel kinda bad though some guy posted on BF that he got one and was all excited about it and everyones reaction was less than enthusiastic.
:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not crazy about painted knives, especially one with a wrong handed lock and no choil. However, given the cost of a Tenacious, the price Missionspec charges for a two color Duracoat job on a folder, and that it comes with a fob, I don't see the price as particularly outrageous either. Not really a fan of Nutnfancy either, but I know I couldn't do 1/10 as well in front of a camera. I sometimes wonder just how much of the animus toward him is pure jealousy.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Youre "pussified" if you do not drink the kool aid and buy this knife.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Very well put, as usual, Deacon.

Yes, he talks a lot... how many of us have caught ourselves rambling on about subjects we are passionate about? I do it all the time...

And most of his points are valid, and he certainly points out when he has an opinion, so that you are aware that it is only his opinion.

YMMV.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Thompson wrote:He reminds me of Nancy Grace. And that's not a good thing...
Whoa, Nutnfancy's not THAT bad. Geeze I often wonder what kind of guy Mr. Nancy Grace must be. Probably something resembling jello. And if he's tougher than she, he's probably in the process of being reduced to jello :D
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

I like his reviews and the info he provides, especially 2011 SHOT SHOW with Sal and Ed. The only thing I was wondering, can he put his signature, number a knife and sell it as a "collectors piece" without having some kind of agreement with Spyderco?
BTW, for me personally, the paint looks cheap. :rolleyes:
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I don't have a problem with him releasing a nutnfancy knife, he has a large following and I have watched many of his videos myself. I just question turning a $35 knife into a $110 knife.
On the hunt for...
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I thought there was going to be 200 of these? I also thought he was going to do an update video when they were available... oh well, I wouldn't pay that price even if I knew they were available.

Honestly the only thing I wanted was that desert dragon camo duracoat job. I don't want the engraving or the nutnfancy fan club card.

The price is above what I was expecting. I was planning on $80-90 ish at most. Oh well, I'm just going to get a Sage 1 instead
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I like his reviews, when it's a product I'm interested in buying. He usually provides a nice, clear, long view of the item from all angles. And he discusses his opinions of the pros and cons in detail. It makes it a lot easier to draw a conclusion about a product. The biggest problem is some reviews are so long, I have to schedule watching them in my calendar.

I would never buy his signed, painted knives, though. I'm not really into aftermarket paint jobs and mods. But I definitely wouldn't fault someone else for buying one.
:bug-red-white
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

His reviews are better than 90% the folks on the Internet. While he occasionally gets facts wrong and has his own set of philosophies/verbal ticks I guess we all do.

$110 for a custom Tenacious? I'll pass. I haven't bought one for $27 yet. While it's a great knife for the cash, $110 is more than a Para 2.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Would rather have a Chaparral.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Put it on a Military with Sal's autograph and many here would be all over it for only $80 more and count themselves lucky to get one.

I for one have spend much more on knives I only look at and apart from the autograph I think it looks rather nice.