To Choil or not to Choil?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

dj moonbat wrote:So, having thoroughly resolved this choil issue, maybe we can move on to "what's the best locking mechanism."
Please don't! Lol ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Blerv wrote:
dj moonbat wrote:So, having thoroughly resolved this choil issue, maybe we can move on to "what's the best locking mechanism."
Please don't! Lol ;)
Anwer would probably be the same as on this one - "depends on who you ask". ;) :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't think there is an answer to that question, but i did just stumble upon the Extrema Ratio 185 Rao, which has a pin that locks the blade and handle together once folded and essentially makes it a fixed blade. It's an intriguing idea for a heavy/hard use outdoors knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Pete2s

Post by Pete2s »

wrdwrght wrote:By "mandatory", do you mean having your finger forced into the choil by a too-short handle (the Dragonfly does this to my hand), or do you mean having a choiled and non-choiled version of the same model?
The former, but I do like the Dragonfly. I like the choil on the Military for example: it's there if I want it but I don't have to use it for a full grip.