Is this a fake?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad

Is this a fake?

Post by Mad »

Thanks guys

FAKE
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Is this post a "Sales Pitch"? :rolleyes:
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
Mad

Post by Mad »

No... Haha I have been looking into a nice edc for awhile and want to make sure im not getting ripped off... My father loved spyderco, I want to invest in one. I read that fakes were a problem. Was just making sure its not "too good to be true".... I wouldnt mind an opinion before i bid on it........... Thanks
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

This should have been posted in the "Fakes Replicas..." thread and not in the general discussion.

I am new so not as good at spotting fakes as others, but I don't think it is. It is sold within the US and the seller actually managed to write english in the description, but it is the wrong product description.

The seller also only has 6 successful transaction.

I think the UKPK and Poliwog are the most commonly faked currently, but someone else may correct me on that one.

Even if it was real I probably wouldn't bid unless the price was really low cause the seller is new and the picture is a stock photo and not an actual image of the item being sold.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Mad

Post by Mad »

Bidding started at 0.99. Kinda threw up a red flag. You all would know better than I.
Mad

Post by Mad »

WalzAaronFFG wrote:This should have been posted in the "Fakes Replicas..." thread and not in the general discussion.

I am new so not as good at spotting fakes as others, but I don't think it is. It is sold within the US and the seller actually managed to write english in the description, but it is the wrong product description.

The seller also only has 6 successful transaction.

I think the UKPK and Poliwog are the most commonly faked currently, but someone else may correct me on that one.

Even if it was real I probably wouldn't bid unless the price was really low cause the seller is new and the picture is a stock photo and not an actual image of the item being sold.
Thank you for the legit response. The low sales does throw up a red flag as well. I would love an Endura or military. I apologize about post location. New to this

Where in Wisco you from? Ever heard of the Green Bay Gamblers?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Auction title says Endura 4 (latest version of the Endura), but the photo is of an older Endura 3. Photo is a stock photo, not the actual knife. Description is of a Leatherman Kick multitool, not a Spyderco Endura. Combo edge is generally the least popular edge type. Seller has very little feedback. Each those things probably scares off some potential buyers. Plus, most serious auction bidders wait until the last minute, often the last five seconds, to bid.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
v8r

Post by v8r »

If it was a actual place of business I would go look at it for ya. Bogart Ga is only a town over from me. Don't believe that is a pic of a E4 either. Dealers make that mistake
That mistake all the time though.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

That listing is a mess. There's no way to tell what you would actually get for your money.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
unit

Post by unit »

I believe you have your answer, now please edit your original post to remove the link to the sale to prevent anyone from questioning compliance with forum guidelines ;)

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I would not place a bid in that auction.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mad

Post by Mad »

Thanks guys. Sorry about rule breaking :rolleyes: changed the original post. Im gonna hold off on it. Ill just keep looking on google or amazon. I look forward to joining the club!
jossta

Post by jossta »

I have seen an open box Endura sold directly from Amazon for $38 with free shipping, but doubt that happens very often. If you really want one and are on a budget, you would be better to watch bladeforums, cpfmarketplace and jerzeedevil for sale areas for one to show up. Otherwise, just go to Cutlery Shoppe and get one. Try the coupon code nutnfancy.
unit

Post by unit »

Rulebreaking? I would sooner call this a misunderstanding that intended no offense. I simply suggested pulling the link to avoid anyone questioning things. Sorry if I came off as a "bad cop".

Again, welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay. You are wise to be wary when something sounds a little too good.

You did not ask, but I will tell you anyway. I have learned over the years to do business with those that have treated me well in the past. If there is ever a question, I have the understanding that things will be taken care of favorably. Auctions tend to be random sellers that I have no history with, and therefore no assurance that things will be as they seem.

Further, I have been burned one too many times on auctions.

I won't share the names of the dealers I prefer, but suffice to say, they are mentioned on this and other sites frequently for having pre-orders and special runs (exclusive sprints). They have earned a reputation as businesses that value my business and in the rare instance when a problem arises, they take care of me. That is worth the few extra bucks I pay for knives.

Off my soap box now.

Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy what this site offers!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Mad wrote:Thanks guys. Sorry about rule breaking :rolleyes: changed the original post. Im gonna hold off on it. Ill just keep looking on google or amazon. I look forward to joining the club!
Unless I was looking for used EDC I wouldn't even use eBay personally. It is great for buying sprints that you can't find or discontinued Spydies, but for new knives I bet you can find a better price at some of the online dealers that are frequently mentioned for their good prices and service on the forum.

If you PM me I would be happy to share a list of those online dealers and any coupon codes I know for them. I generally buy all my spydies from 3-4 dealers that I have been very satisfied with.

Happy spydie shopping :)

PS: I have not heard of the Green Bay gamblers. Obviously I have heard of GB though :cool: I am still in shock that the Packers won the Superbowl last year :)
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Mad

Post by Mad »

Thanks guys, just placed an order with a suggested vendor :)
Mad

Post by Mad »

jossta wrote:I have seen an open box Endura sold directly from Amazon for $38 with free shipping, but doubt that happens very often. If you really want one and are on a budget, you would be better to watch bladeforums, cpfmarketplace and jerzeedevil for sale areas for one to show up. Otherwise, just go to Cutlery Shoppe and get one. Try the coupon code nutnfancy.
Thanks for that, free shipping! :o ccasion5:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome to the forums Mad! :)