Woodcraft, another fine blank!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

****! That is nice!

You do some great work!
Come Join Us Click Here
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

Awesome work. I've been working on mine all night. My first time working g10 and making scales of any kind.

Where did you get the screws for the scales?
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

No more blubbering in a corner, I have some good news for those that missed out on this unique knife. The brick and mortar Woodcraft stores are independently owned and as such, some still have Mules in-stock.

The caveat is that many of these stores are not selling the knives at the corporate clearance price so you may be faced with full retail (~$85 + shipping). Also note that it's their discretion as to whether they will sell and ship to outside buyers, but the ones I contacted had no issue selling/shipping me a knife out of state.

Often the stores run sales and most of the time you can get a discount which will average the cost of shipping. At least through the end of July and possibly into the beginning of August the Woodcraft site has two discount codes that many of the stores may honor.

The Mule is item #150265 and the stores should be able to check inventory for other stores, then use the store locator on the woodcraft site to get the phone number to contact that store directly for purchase arrangements.

I'm not affiliated with Woodcraft, outside of the fact I've been a loyal customer of theirs for a number of years.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Thanks for the compliments forum and Willamette thanks for the info on the blanks. There might be a chance to get (another) one.
Here is another picture ;)

@Buckles, I got the screws and connectors (threaded pipes) from USAknifemakersupply.com

T.
Attachments
luka 029rs.jpg
luka 029rs.jpg (92.22 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
Tom
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hey Buckles, any pictures yet?

;)
Tom
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Willamette wrote:No more blubbering in a corner, I have some good news for those that missed out on this unique knife. The brick and mortar Woodcraft stores are independently owned and as such, some still have Mules in-stock.

The caveat is that many of these stores are not selling the knives at the corporate clearance price so you may be faced with full retail (~$85 + shipping). Also note that it's their discretion as to whether they will sell and ship to outside buyers, but the ones I contacted had no issue selling/shipping me a knife out of state.

Often the stores run sales and most of the time you can get a discount which will average the cost of shipping. At least through the end of July and possibly into the beginning of August the Woodcraft site has two discount codes that many of the stores may honor.

The Mule is item #150265 and the stores should be able to check inventory for other stores, then use the store locator on the woodcraft site to get the phone number to contact that store directly for purchase arrangements.

I'm not affiliated with Woodcraft, outside of the fact I've been a loyal customer of theirs for a number of years.
I just located two discontinued Mules at a local Woodcraft store near me. They gave me the discounted price for both ($45) and they dropped them in the mail for an additional $10 to save me the 70 mile round trip to pick them up.

If folks are still interested in finding Woodcraft Mules, they appear to still be out there if you are willing to call around...

TedP
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Wow, good find! They had mules left at my local Woodcraft in Dallas, but they wouldn't match the web sale price. They were still at full $89.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

toomzz wrote:Hey Buckles, any pictures yet?

;)
not yet. but ill try to get some up tomorrow. I still need to drill the screw holes. My drill press is currently out of order at the moment.

i still havent ordered the screws yet either lol
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager