Most Sough after Manix 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hkpistole

Most Sough after Manix 2?

Post by hkpistole »

How many different versions have there been?, whats the most collectible/hard to find or sought after. I'm looking to pick up the M4 variant soon.
rycen

Post by rycen »

Hardest to get would be the CF S90V version.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

What rycen said. Probably followed by the Blue S30V version.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

rycen wrote:Hardest to get would be the CF S90V version.
The S90V is probably the hardest most commonly known. Only 400 made and right now they cost about that on the secondary market. But there is a couple others that are extremely rare I believe a FFG S30V black G10 was made, maybe 20 I think?

Then after S90V, Blue and then Orange G10 next I would guess, then Stag Arms, Then Foliage Green XHP, then Pink, then M4. I might be missing something...
On the hunt for...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:The S90V is probably the hardest most commonly known. Only 400 made and right now they cost about that on the secondary market. But there is a couple others that are extremely rare I believe a FFG S30V black G10 was made, maybe 20 I think?

Then after S90V, Blue and then Orange G10 next I would guess, then Stag Arms, Then Foliage Green XHP, then Pink, then M4. I might be missing something...
I was counting just production models, but yes, there were about 20 FFG S30V black G-10 ones made for the pilot run. Those are the rarest (and potentially most costly) ones made. Your list is pretty accurate, minus the Pink rating higher than the M4. Seems the pink wasn't very popular and can still be found super cheap, even though the sprint came out about a year ago. My revised list would read:

FFG pilot run
S90V/CF
Blue G-10/S30V
Glow-in-the-Dark EDC Forum
Orange G-10/S30V
Stag Arms
XHP
M4
Pink
-Kyle

hkpistole

Post by hkpistole »

you guys are awesome with the quick info! Any info on that Stag model,i saw one on ebay i think... seems like a strange version, Spyderco doesn't have to many company branded knives do they?.. Did they make alot of M4's .. i figured they would be higher up the chain, i guess I'm starting to see that M4 isn't as desirable as i once thought, i guess due to the non stainless?
MCM

Post by MCM »

Probably more the scale color on the M4........
Sold the Orange, just dont care for Orange knifes as hard as I try. :D
Can justify Pepto Pink, as I am married to a woman. LOL LOL

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

This shot doesn't include the Tan M4 Manix. I had to pass on the new sprint, looked to similar to the regular production model.

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The Stag Arms was commissioned by them. It has dark green scales, black blade with the Stag logo, and black liners/clip/screws. I'm not sure if it was ever said how many were made, but most likely 500-600.

The tan/M4 version is lower on the list because it is still currently available while the others have been discontinued and are harder to find. I'm sure once the M4 sells out, it will jump up the list a bit. While the steel isn't stainless, almost everyone who has a Spyderco in M4 raves about how awesome it is (see any of the Gayle Bradley threads). It'll probably be right up there just above or below the blue one in terms of desirableness and secondary market prices once it is not available from Bento Box Shop anymore.
-Kyle

hkpistole

Post by hkpistole »

thanks for the pics guys.. i see another late night purchase happening .. and i said the Military i bought last week would curb my lust for another Spyderco....
MCM

Post by MCM »

Easy answer.

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

MCM wrote:Easy answer.

154CM? Just kidding. Nice collection.
jossta

Post by jossta »

I would love to see a pic of your whole knife collection MCM.
DeathBySnooSnoo

jabba359 wrote:I was counting just production models, but yes, there were about 20 FFG S30V black G-10 ones made for the pilot run. Those are the rarest (and potentially most costly) ones made. Your list is pretty accurate, minus the Pink rating higher than the M4. Seems the pink wasn't very popular and can still be found super cheap, even though the sprint came out about a year ago. My revised list would read:

FFG pilot run
S90V/CF
Blue G-10/S30V
Glow-in-the-Dark EDC Forum
Orange G-10/S30V
Stag Arms
XHP
M4
Pink
Ah I forgot the glow in the dark one...and I put the M4 lower than the pink only because there are a tonne available all over the place so it is super easy to find where as the pink is around but not quite as much.
On the hunt for...
DeathBySnooSnoo

MCM wrote:Easy answer.

That is beautiful! I have the Mule, the para2 and the Manix...but I need the Millie!!
On the hunt for...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

rycen wrote:Hardest to get would be the CF S90V version.
I think that's right, and by a significant margin. :spyder:
rycen

Post by rycen »

Lets not forget the Carpenter Steel run
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

It was mentioned earlier, I think - but that one was a much bigger run than the S90V and sells for ~ 1/3 of what the S90V sells for, last I was comparing them. I didn't realize the blue/S30V was still that high on the list.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

hkpistole wrote:you guys are awesome with the quick info! Any info on that Stag model,i saw one on ebay i think... seems like a strange version, Spyderco doesn't have to many company branded knives do they?.. Did they make alot of M4's .. i figured they would be higher up the chain, i guess I'm starting to see that M4 isn't as desirable as i once thought, i guess due to the non stainless?
The Stag Arms knife is still available for $135 from the primary source. I bought one last month. http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=379

It's a good pairing, Stag Arms is one of the top 5 companies that make non-custom AR type rifles.
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

IMHO, the M4 is one of the best as it's currently available regardless of it's popularity. The tan is pretty cool too.

I sure wish it was a S90v/CF because of certain qualities. That said, I'll keep M4 oiled over S30v any day.